• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Hi Guys - Husband Iraq Veteran

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yellowbug

New Here
Well, I'm here. I really don't have much to say beyond what everyone here has said. My husband is an Iraqi combat vet. He has PTSD and depression. I deal with clinical depression and maybe a little PTSD from the events surrounding the birth of our daughter, but that has been long enough ago now (11 years) that it's really just the genetic clinical depression.

He and I get into fights. He says something, that I remember and when a similar situation comes up, I go with what he said before. Then he blows up at me and really gets bad. He's on meds and we're trying to get him in with a doc again, but looks like not till the end of the month.

Times I just don't know what to do.

Yellowbug

welcome to the forum, yellowbug, while you're waiting on that dr. take a look around this site, there is a wealth of information that might help you (and him) somewhat.

Hello Yellow Bug! I live about an hour and a half from you and My son is medically retired from the Army after an IED attack. I also probably have mild PTSD, but it seems to be under control most of the time and not destroying my life, where as I'm afraid that my sons PSTD is understandably MUCH worse! He won't admit to anything being wrong and I would LOVE it if he would make an appointment to see a doc! It's so frustrating to stand by and try to help, when there is very little you can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back