• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Supporter Hi, I’m Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bgross

New Here
Hi everyone, I just wanted to introduce myself. I am currently going through a difficult time in my marriage and my wife is a survivor of sexual assault. I’m hoping to learn more about the trauma that she is currently experiencing and how I can best support her as a husband. Thanks!

Hi everyone, I just wanted to introduce myself. I am currently going through a difficult time in my marriage and my wife is a survivor of sexual assault. I’m hoping to learn more about the trauma that she is currently experiencing and how I can best support her as a husband. Thanks!
What a great husband you are! Hugs to both of you. Go on u tube and look for PTSD videos for information. EMDR is a scientific based treatment for PTSD. It works,but you must be willing to do the inner work required for one to heal. Get yourself into therapy,support is there.

What a great husband you are! Hugs to both of you. Go on u tube and look for PTSD videos for information. EMDR is a scientific based treatment for PTSD. It works,but you must be willing to do the inner work required for one to heal. Get yourself into therapy,support is there.
Thanks for your message! I am currently working with a therapist to address my issues while also learning how to be a better husband for her. Unfortunately right now we are really struggling and it has gotten to the point that we are not taking a break from each other… I feel like one of the hardest parts for me is to understand how her trauma impacts some of her behaviors, as some of her behaviors do not make a lot of sense to me. I’m hoping that during this time apart, I can better understand what she is going through and hoping that this will help to get our marriage back on the right track.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back