• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer Hi - I have shut myself off from everyone and everything and find it hard to communicate w/ others and my T thinks this being anonymous might help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I’m collectivesoul and I’m new here. I had therapy this morning and my therapist gave me a list of online support groups that she wanted me to check out, she wanted me to at least join one and try to connect with others.
I have shut myself off from everyone and everything and find it hard to communicate with others and my therapist thinks this being anonymous might help give me a little confidence. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Welcome to the forum. The members here will surely help if they can. If nothing else to start with, by letting you know we understand and relate. When you get comfortable, maybe share some that you are ok with and let us get to know you. I know it's very scary at first.

Just go easy and at your own pace. Try to read the threads available and see if there are things you relate to. You don't have to share if you don't want to. But when you get ready, we are here to listen.

Love. And. Adore. the ability to be anonymous.

Both here, and IRL.

With my trust issues it’s really the only consistently effective way I can get real/solid help when I need it the most.

Welcome! 😁

Welcome to the forum. The members here will surely help if they can. If nothing else to start with, by letting you know we understand and relate. When you get comfortable, maybe share some that you are ok with and let us get to know you. I know it's very scary at first.

Just go easy and at your own pace. Try to read the threads available and see if there are things you relate to. You don't have to share if you don't want to. But when you get ready, we are here to listen.
Hmmm. I was gonna say... "Let It Rip!" ... there are several more anonymous identities to choose from!

But what do I know... I play a clown.

All the world's a stage...
https://allpoetry.com/All-The-World's-A-Stage

Ps; I left the house once... it was about 3 years ago. I think.

PSS: never take anything I say seriously.

Except this:

Someone made a suggestion to you this morning. You followed up immediately. Tossed your truth and vulnerability up to the winds of fate (after wisely selecting this safe forum)... speaking your truth very directly. I think you are brave... courageous even, some might go as far as to say... somewhat 🧐 ... confident.

**I wanted the OP to see my response also... but in the context of your (wise and gentle ) advise.

Do you think they did? How do you use that @thingy? That lets them know you said something to them... right?

I obviously have no idea what Im doing.

Thx in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't be anywhere near as far in my recovery journey if I hadn't found this place. Being anonymous allows me to be honest in a way I couldn't be IRL. So ya -- it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back