• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Hi, I'm New - Myself and My Two Children Have PTSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

aowyn

Learning
Don't know where to start...me and my kids left abusive husband/their dad about a year ago. All three of us have ptsd. When oldest is triggered, I am triggered, which triggers youngest. Ugh. Some days I am just not up to being what they need and I hate myself for it. School is not going well for oldest and a very mean teacher is triggering. They want to see it as a discipline problem. Anyone done any alternative schooling?

We are seeing a couple of therapists but one we've been seeing for a year and won't diagnose unless the child 'says' it (the kid loves dad and won't say anything bad about him) and the other one has just figured out what it is-duh. Haven't even gotten any solutions yet. Oh, we're still playing around with meds for oldest but no success yet. Anyone know of a board for parents of kids with ptsd?

Thanks.

Welcome Aowyn!

You are the first parent to come on here, with children and themselves with ptsd, other than me! Both my son and I have PTSD and I sooo understood that post. You will find tons of understanding here, both for yourself and your kids. I'm glad you came..

*points to Anthony.. see I knew there'd be more of us...* Grins..

Bec

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like your headed in the right direction though. Iv'e seen hundreds of DV cases and victims with kids are always the most heartbreaking. Kudos for what you are doing. Stick around there are some really smart folks here.

Hi Aowyn, welcome to the forum. May I ask then for clarification purposes, have you been diagnosed with PTSD, and have both children been diagnosed with PTSD? I got the impression that the children had not from your post.

If not, why do you say the children have PTSD? How old are they?

aowyn,
Welcome to the forum. We hope & pray that you will find help here. Many here have been helped. Information is one of the keys of getting help.

There are many sections here, chat room, trauma diaries, and the various threads of information.

Don't hesitate to ask questions here, someone can try to help get some answers.
hugs to you & your family.

take care

D (wildcritter)

Just to clarify for Anthony :) ...

One d has been officially diagnosed by psychiatrist, counselor, and I believe the psychologist as well.

Other d and myself...counselor has dx'd us.

Counselor wants to do emdr, what do you all think about that? I think I also need to get in to see a psychiatrist and get some meds.

Well, I thought I posted this once, but it doesn't show, so forgive me if it's a duplicate. Just to clarify...oldest d has been dx'd by counselor, psychologist and psychiatrist. Youngest and I dx'd by counselor. I think I need to get to a psychiatrist and get some meds or something. I can't deal with her in the state I am in right now. I mean I do it, but it's a huge trigger as well as exhausting, depressing, etc. Youngest has learning disability and they both have health issues as well, and I have no help. You know what I feel like sometimes? (and I'm sorry if this is dramatic or triggering and I'm sure people have it worse than I do). I feel like those war pictures...of people walking down the blown out streets, holding their bleeding children, screaming for someone to help and no one does.

Oh I forgot I'm on moderation still, that's why it didn't show--sorry! :)

Also wanted to say thanks to becvan for letting me know you are here and like me.

Welcome aboard Aoywn. Good you found this forum. There is much identificatioin, answers and solutions here within the forum for you. Hope you make the best of it all, and make it work for you and your children. God Bless! Look forward to seeing you around the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back