• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer Hi - newly diagnosed

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TeriReiki

Hi everyone
I don’t really know what to write. I have recently been diagnosed with PTSD but have probably had it for years but recently a trigger happened and it’s made it all a lot worse.
I am a mother and a grandmother. I have thirteen grandchildren. I love acrylic pouring, making meditation mala necklaces. I bullet journal.
I work part time but long hours. I have fibromyalgia since childhood.
awaiting therapy with trauma therapy but going to take 14 mo thx for an assessment.

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you have a well-rounded life and many great interests. PTSD can throw a monkey wrench into our lives but as you said, in hindsight, you have probably had it for years.

Coming here and getting to know others and how the forum works is a good place to be until you get to start therapy. Hope the people here make you feel as welcome as I felt and help as much as they have helped me.

Grandmas are welcomed here!?. I, too, was diagnosed with chronic PTSD only three years ago, as a senior. It certainly explained the way I think and act. Hopefully your diagnosis has given you an understanding of yourself too.

This is a great place to get support. And it affords a safe place to ask questions, share, and learn. Glad you found this forum.

Yep...ptsd and fibro are connected. Because ya know, why have just one :)
The good news? Doc swears as the ptsd gets better so will the fibro

Hopefully she's right!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back