• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer Hi, not sure where to start

Status
Not open for further replies.

SemperFiTRex

New Here
I’m a mid 40s female, married with an autistic child. Like many of you, I suffer also from anxiety, persistent depression, former sexual and physical abuse and am struggling. Most recently a construction worker was killed 20 feet from my bedroom when a sewer trench collapsed at my closest friends home. Its brought back other memories of a massacre I was supposed to be at, sexual assault with violence, and other stuff.

I’m hoping to lIke and encourage others even if I don’t know what to say. Any suggestions for how to integrate here would be so welcome. I’m unable to rejoin my prior IOP (Intensive Outpatient Prorgram) as I was stalked by a fellow member, but a crisis therapist recommended this site.

Any hellos, or anything I can try to help anyone with I’m here, Thanks

P.S. My username is not Marine or military related, just a silly Latin phrase, though I come from a military family. I don’t wish to make light of service of any kind, just want to be transparent.

hello rex. welcome to the forum. sorry for what brings you here, but glad you are here.

"small steps" is the most universal of my own recovery program. whether i'm tackling my social anxiety or trauma flashbacks, i keep each step as small as possible with time in between steps to gain a solid inventory of the changes attached to the steps. the small steps help me stay oriented and those small steps add up quicker than our hurry up conditioning might lead us to believe.

joining this site and introducing yourself was a wonderful step. i might suggest you now focus on learning how to use this valuable tool. just a suggestion.

welcome aboard. i hope you find stabilizing companionship here.

hello rex. welcome to the forum. sorry for what brings you here, but glad you are here.

"small steps" is the most universal of my own recovery program. whether i'm tackling my social anxiety or trauma flashbacks, i keep each step as small as possible with time in between steps to gain a solid inventory of the changes attached to the steps. the small steps help me stay oriented and those small steps add up quicker than our hurry up conditioning might lead us to believe.

joining this site and introducing yourself was a wonderful step. i might suggest you now focus on learning how to use this valuable tool. just a suggestion.

welcome aboard. i hope you find stabilizing companionship here.
Thank you so much! I’m looking in to “small steps“ right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back