• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

High Pitch Ringing In Ears Before I Have Sleep Paralysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont have ringing before sp, I have it 24/7. But oddly I know I'm going to have an sp episode if I'm lucid dreaming at night, because im in a scene for a couple seconds to a minute, then I freeze to the image of something absolutely terrifying. It's funny because usually self help blogs tell you that with practice you can go from SP to lucid dreaming but I'm the other way around!!

All I can say is, and please take this with a grain of salt and don't repeat, but apparently the only effective way to prevent SP is to drink enough alcohol to be tipsy, and no more, the go to sleep before it wears off. I did this, and my tolerance went up within a week.

So if anyone tells you that bit of advice, it does work, but it's a slippery slope as always.

I hope you find some reliable, safe help for your SP.

Sleeping on your back indeed does make it worse. Sleep on your stomach. Alcohol is going to make you more vulnerable. I assume the loud high pitch noise is what is waking you up?

Lucid dreaming can help some but I see why it would make it worse for others because being aware that you are dreaming means you are less likely to be in deep sleep and may be partially awake and aware.

YES! I get the high pitched ringing in my ears. I have been having sleep paralysis since I was a teenager and lately it is getting worse. I was never afraid of it though becase I have realised that I can control it myself and I am also interested in the theory of astral progection through sleep paralysis.
UNTIL - Last week when it happened I saw a figure standing at my bedroom while in sleep paralysis (I know that this is common for other people too - to see dark shapes) but I also had a familiar feeling of terror about this figure watching me, like I remembered it happening before and then as loud and as clear as if he was in my bedroom that very morning I heard his voice whisper my name (it was a familiar voice to me - but the voice of someone who lives far away from me now) without going into too much detail I now believe that the sleep paralysis is actually repressed memories of traumatic childhood experiences. I think my sub consious wants me to remember but I am still too afraid and not allowing it. I actually want to remember but then as soon as I get into paralysis and see the figure at my bedroom door I am too scared again. Does anyone else have a similiar experience as this? (this is my first time posting to a forum)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back