• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Hiya! PTSD From Childhood Abuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

starshine

Confident
Hi. I am so glad to find a PTSD forum. :)

I'm from London, UK.

I have PTSD from childhood abuse, mainly emotional which has had a physical effect, of course, I was bullied at school for 10 years as well as suffering at home.

I am 36 now, have been in therapy several years, and am now starting to recover from the crippling depression I've been in the past few years, but which has recurred off and on (more on) since I was in my teens.]
I'm actually starting to get in touch with my anger at all those who hurt me....so, I'll be looking for some help with that here! :)

welcome starshine. We are happy you are here. This is great place to vent and get information. We are all friends here. I hope that you find peace eventually. The scars from childhood are so hard to heal.

Hello starshine. Your story sounds very familiar to mine. Isn't it amazing - when you're young you think you're the only one and no-one could understand what you're going through. But they are out there. I look forward to discussing how you've broken through this far. You've done great to get here. It can only get better!

Welcome aboard starshine... very glad you found us and that you joined. Childhood abuse sucks. I didn't really suffer it, so I don't know from experience, but as a parent, I despise people who don't ensure children are looked after both mentally, and physically. This extends to those who feed their children and themselves absolute junk, so they are all over weight and/or obese, and suffer huge health problems because of poor parenting. I think that alone is childhood abuse also, though in a different form I guess from physical and sexual abuse obviously.

Well starshine, you guessed correctly by coming here, you can get help with your concerns, we can give you guidance, support and just friends to lend an ear with. This place is yours now just as much as everyone else here, so enjoy, and I look forward to chatting with you.

thanks everyone for the welcome. :)

I'll post more detail in another thread a bit later...I've just had my Friday therapy session, and so am getting a bit of 'headspace' to let everything settle and be absorbed inside emotionally.

basically I endured daily belittling and rejection, and was of the type never looked after properly emotionally.....and the opposite on the food thing....I have anorexic tendencies...which was in part a reaction to being 'fed' with what amounts to emotional posion by a group of 20+ girls, my body being the object of scorn and ridicule. and then my father's threats, accusations and untreated paranoia...
yes, Its complex.....
will explain more later.....

hi and welcome sunshine
i too have anorexic tendencies and its hardcore self discipline to get that food in my mouth when i feel so sick....
but i also have trouble with brushing my teeth too, and now i just except that i am having a phase and it hopefully will pass and i get the times when i can do a simple thing like brushing without dry reaching.....
take care for now
hope your time with us is beneficial..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back