• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Death Hometown Hero passed away

Status
Not open for further replies.

RRT13

Confident
If anyone has seen the news we lost our Hometown Hero here in the Houston, Texas area. She was our 7 year old Angel who had terminal cancer. She became an official police officer in the neighboring town which was her dream. For the last year or so our whole community has watched her journey and witnessed alot of her dreams come true. So many people have fallen in love with her and helped her and her family in so many ways. She became our hero and helped our community become stronger and more loving. She was definitely an angel we all needed.
Sadly she passed away and today was her funeral. She leaves behind her older brother who has become an only child now. I am watching so many people on social media heart broken over her.
I am feeling all sorts of ways and trying to process and hope someone understands where I'm coming from.
My heart breaks for her family bc I have gone through a similar thing as well. No one wants to lose a child or a sibling.
I lost my sister when she was 4 years old and I was 13. She was born with heart problems and long story short she had open heart surgeries and passed away a month later. I was out of town when when passed away. And so I'm an only child now. I'm also a 1st Responder.
I have felt very numb and over protective of my feelings watching all of this unfold. I knew how everyone would feel when Abigail would pass away. I feel awful for being so overprotective of my feelings.
I know this is kinda long but can anyone relate or see where I'm coming from?
I am a very closed person and dont talk about my sister much or emotions at all. I don't want to come across as callous or abrasive about our angel passing. I guess its bringing up alot of my sister's death and my inner child is hurting.

Last edited:
Loss and death are simply the hardest things. I'm feeling for you @RRT13. I haven't gone through what you have dealt with, but I have experienced plenty of loss.
I hope you can find those that you can connect with and find the support that gets people through.

I don't think you come across as callous at all, trauma such as losing a close family member, especially a child or a sibling is about as tough as it gets, in my opinion, it's not surprising some unprocessed emotions are surfacing.

You were only a child and as such, not really equipped to fully and adequately process heavy duty trauma such as that.

You local "angel" sounds like an amazing individual, full of pluck and life. A hard time for your community.

Sending support from one community member going through a rough time (we have bad fires, everywhere, all around at the moment) to another.

When I read about your sister passing my heart begins to break. I lost my sister last year and I understand that losing a loved one, (esp. a sibling), is deeply painful and truly difficult. It must have been very hard to lose your sister when you were both so young. I am honestly sorry for your pain and for your loss. Gentle healing hugs if you can accept them.

Wishing you peace and comfort,
Lionheart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back