• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Homocidal thoughts and hallucinations

Status
Not open for further replies.

unbrokenn

Confident
Do visual and auditory hallucinations and homocidal thoughts have anything to do with my CPTSD? I'm really confused as to whether these symptoms are stemming from that or not.
No mean replies please, I'm actually very concerned.

Hi @unbrokenn,

Can share a bit more about what this looks like for you?

Do you hav...
Hey @digger. Yeah, I do have professionals I can talk to about this, thank god. I hear voices of my abusers and they usually come when I'm really stressed. Usually when I wake up at night I see people standing around me and I freak out lol. I have homocidal thoughts towards my family because I feel like they just don't get my disorder and I guess part of me hates them for it. Thankfully they're passive thoughts that I have no plan of acting on.

Are the thoughts passing thoughts, or do you have any concern you will act out on them?
@Justmehere They're passive- like they're in my mind. But I'm not gonna act on them.

Hearing voices from your abusers saying things they actually said to you would be aural flashbacks, rather than hallucinations. If that helps at all.

There's also a couple of psychotropic medications that can cause hallucinations (had that happen), which is another angle to consider.

Either way, it's a symptom you want to speak to your T about.

A flashback is something that really happened. Are the voices of your abusers saying things that they may have said in the past or seem like things that they might say? In that case, you are most likely experiencing flashbacks. If something about it starts to seem unreal, it may be a hallucination. For example, maybe the voice is deeper and sounds like a monster. Even then, if the abuser was a part of your childhood, it may still be considered a flashback. Children have a harder time understanding the difference between reality and fantasy, and mental health practitioners can take that into account when forming a diagnosis based on things like this.

Based on what you've said so far, it doesn't seem like psychosis. However, you don't need to be afraid if it is. Psychosis can occur with a variety of mental health conditions and is treatable.

A flashback is something that really happened. Are the voices of your abusers saying things that they m...
Hey @Nessa7
It's kind of a voice combo of three people, but it's kinda screwed up and demented sounding. They say things they said in the past and just other random weird things. So I'm not sure if it's flashbacks or hallucinations. Either way it's freaking me out.

What have the professionals said? Unfortunately, it's too hard for us to guess what you're experiencing with any certainty. I'm sorry.

Something that might be helpful is to track your symptoms along with things like your mood, eating habits, and sleep. This can help you see if there is anything that makes these symptoms worse.

The fact that you say passive thoughts is quite comforting. I think if you were scared you were going to act on them, then you would need to get to an E.R. right away.

When you wake up and see people, do you feel paralyzed? Could you scream without effort or would it take a several seconds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back