Horrible nightmares

Cadence108

New Here
I've been having such bad nightmares that demons are after me and I just want to die. I'm 19 years old and I'm so scared. I don't want to do this anymore. I just want to be safe. I have a therapist but it's so early I can't disturb her and I can't do this. Please someone help me. I'm so scared.

Chris-duck

MyPTSD Pro
Is there anything your therapist has taught you so far that helps regulate? Some people listen to music, play with fidget toys, watch an episode of a show.. All you gotta do just now is regulate enough to manage until you see her next. So do any of those suggestions I listed help any?

Hi @Cadence108, sounds like you are really in a bad way right now. The important thing to know, however, is that as bad as they seem, nightmares aren't real. Demons are not actually after you, I promise.

Can you try to ground yourself a little bit? Look around the room and list 5 things you see. Then see if you can hear 4 different things. See if you can feel 3 things. Then maybe you can smell 2 different things. Finally, what do you taste?

Maybe it would be ok to disturb your therapist just this one time. What do you think?

Cadence108

New Here
Thank you so much for your kind words. I can't bring myself to ground myself right now, I don't know why. I'm scared. I can't call anyone cause of certain problems. My nightmares keep on and on coming back. I just need someone to talk to. I'm desperate. I feel like crying but I can't. I feel so little. That happens most of the time. Please help me.

LittleBigFoot

MyPTSD Pro
So what I would do is talk to a psychiatrist about getting on something similar to prazosin. I’m not a doctor, but it has helped my nightmares pretty drastically. It didn’t remove them completely but it reduced them enough I could function better. There are other options out there as well not just prazosin and you should definitely talk to a psychiatrist about them.

Cadence108

New Here
Thank you, I will. Can someone please keep talking? I really really need someone right now, it's so awful, I just want to die. But if I do the demons will catch me.

Cadence108

New Here
No one will take me to the ER. And if I go myself I'll get into lots of trouble. If I tell the ppl at home they'll ask me what my therapist said about nightmares. She told me to write them down but I just can't. I'm so terrified.

internal

Sponsor
No one will take me to the ER. And if I go myself I'll get into lots of trouble.
you can google in your area for mobile mental health crisis units, they will come to your house and assess if you need to go to the hospital cadence. i'm sorry it's so stressful for you right now. i just want to let you know you aren't alone with this kind of thing. i've been there my self and it's very scary, but you will be okay. just try to take it one minute at a time. 🫂

Cadence108

New Here
Thank you so very much. But I'll get into so much trouble. Can you tell me what happened to you please if you don't mind?

Maybe it'll help me. Because right now no one can. I feel like I'm six years old inside.

Friday

Can someone please keep talking? I really really need someone right now, it's so awful, I just want to die.
The following links are staffed with people to do exactly that. Both by phone & chat/text.