Sexual Assault How can I let people know it upsets me when they touch me without being rude or telling them my abuse?

Corvidcore34

Learning
Ever since I was abused I hate being touched. This only happens if their skin touches mine, if I'm wearing clothes where they touch me this doesn't happen, no idea why.

This wasn't a problem before since I wasn't that close to anyone, or we had social distancing, but lately this is becoming a problem for me since I think I'm upsetting my friends when they sit close to me and I get a little away from them or they hug me and I pull away quickly, as well as I'm tired of forcing myself to touch them when it makes me feel very uncomfortable, anxious and scared.

Teasel

MyPTSD Pro
Say you're experiemce some kind of sensitivity issue, where skin on skin touch feels uncomfortable, which is true without talking of the reason for it. You could say it embarrasses you and you don't want to hurt anyone's feeling but you hope they can understand.

arfie

MyPTSD Pro
i use evasive tactics. my aversion to touch is harsh enough that i can spot a hug coming before the hugger knows it, themselves. i quietly and discretely increase my social distance when the hugging portion of an event approaches. i've been using this tactic since i was a kid and nobody has called me on it, yet. no explanation needed.

arfie

MyPTSD Pro
I live in Mexico, so people tend to be a little touchy here

"besos y abrazos" are a tradition in ecuador, as are the tightly packed crowds, etc. "touchy" is a radical, but diplomatic understatement. my evasion techniques worked there, also. i always waited for the tightly packed crowds to die down before i approached merchants, etc.

StillPen

MyPTSD Pro
My mother-n-law is very sensitive to touch, especially rubbing and I'm an affectionate person. It feels like fire for her, almost like neuropathy. It took me a while to learn that she loves me the same w/out a hug or any touch, but was able to do it once I knew. So, I suggest the same, let people know you are very sensitive to touch...it is a true statement, and they do not need to know why. Hope this helps.