There are many factors that determine what responses, and how many, you get to a thread. The more you get right when starting your thread, the better your chances getting it right first time.
- Thread Title - Short, sharp and accurately descriptive.
- Basic Grammar - It is easier for people to read sentences that construct short paragraphs.
- Edit Nonsense - When you want specific responses, read your content before posting and remove all the noise. The shorter and descriptive your post, the better your responses. Write a long post full of nonsense and waffle, people get lost amongst it and lose what you actually want, thus they don't respond.
- Ask Questions - When you want something, you need to ask for it. So ask it, as that is what people will respond to.
- What is your favourite ... ?
- What happened with you in ... situation?
- What do you think about ... ?
- What advice would you give me when ... ?
- Can anyone recommend ... ?
- What is the worst thing that ... ?
- Can anyone fix / help me ... ?
- What is the best / worst ... ?
- Who do you most admire ... ?
- Is x really better than y?
- If you weren't ... would you ... ?
- Who / What are your top 5 ways to ... ?
- How would you handle ... ?
- What ... do you use?
- Does anyone know how to ... ?
- Has anyone tried ... ?
- Is ... right about ... ?
- Is it ever ok to ... ?
- What should every newcomer know about ... ?
- Share your ... ?