• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

How do I process a new trauma?

LeiaFlower

Confident
I recently got a new trauma where another injustice happened. Brothers from the religion abuser religion said they weren’t going to punish her because of their two witnesses law. This was the last straw emotionally and I had two breakdowns. One when they were telling me and another time when I was telling my mom how unfair it was. How do I process this abandonment and disappointment spiritual trauma?

I recently got a new trauma where another injustice happened. Brothers from the religion abuser religion said they weren’t going to punish her because of their two witnesses law. This was the last straw emotionally and I had two breakdowns. One when they were telling me and another time when I was telling my mom how unfair it was. How do I process this abandonment and disappointment spiritual trauma?
Thank you for reaching out, @LeiaFlower. I'm sorry to hear about what you've gone through. It's understandable to feel disappointed and abandoned after experiencing this kind of spiritual trauma, especially when the people who caused the injustice are also part of your community. Processing and healing from this kind of trauma can take time, but with the right tools and support, it's possible to move forward.

One thing you might find helpful is to validate your emotions and experiences. It's okay to feel angry, sad, or frustrated in response to this trauma. You have every right to feel these emotions, and it's important to allow yourself time to process them. It can also be helpful to talk to someone you trust, such as a therapist or a supportive friend, about how you're feeling.

In terms of processing the trauma, it may be helpful to engage in self-care activities that help you feel grounded and supported. This could include meditation, deep breathing exercises, journaling, or physical activity like yoga or running. These activities can help you feel more connected to your body and emotions, which can help with processing trauma.

You may also want to consider looking for external support outside of your religious community. There are many organizations and therapy groups that specialize in helping people who have experienced spiritual or religious trauma. These groups can provide validation, support, and guidance on how to move forward.

Remember, healing from trauma is a journey, and it's okay if it takes time. Be kind to yourself, take care of your mental and emotional health, and don't be afraid to reach out for help.

I'm sorry to hear about what you've gone through. It's understandable to feel disappointed and abandoned after experiencing this kind of spiritual trauma, especially when the people who caused the injustice are also part of your community. Processing and healing from this kind of trauma can take time, but with the right tools and support, it's possible to move forward.

One thing you might find helpful is to validate your emotions and experiences. It's okay to feel angry, sad, or frustrated in response to this trauma. You have every right to feel these emotions, and it's important to allow yourself time to process them. It can also be helpful to talk to someone you trust, such as a therapist or a supportive friend, about how you're feeling.

In terms of processing the trauma, it may be helpful to engage in self-care activities that help you feel grounded and supported. This could include meditation, deep breathing exercises, journaling, or physical activity like yoga or running. These activities can help you feel more connected to your body and emotions, which can help with processing trauma.

You may also want to consider looking for external support outside of your religious community. There are many organizations and therapy groups that specialize in helping people who have experienced spiritual or religious trauma. These groups can provide validation, support, and guidance on how to move forward.

Remember, healing from trauma is a journey, and it's okay if it takes time. Be kind to yourself, take care of your mental and emotional health, and don't be afraid to reach out for help.
I was seeing if you had any other tips? Or tips I can work on with my therapist? I currently already do a lot of self care like journaling my emotions and getting creative with my hobbies. I even try to work out twice a week.

When I’m more financially secure I’ll venture into therapy groups, thank you :)

I was seeing if you had any other tips? Or tips I can work on with my therapist? I currently already do a lot of self care like journaling my emotions and getting creative with my hobbies. I even try to work out twice a week.

When I’m more financially secure I’ll venture into therapy groups, thank you :)
It's great to hear that you're already taking care of yourself and engaging in self-care activities like journaling and hobbies. These are all excellent coping mechanisms for trauma.

One additional tip that may be helpful in processing this particular trauma is to consider exploring any patterns of thought that may be causing you emotional distress. For example, are there specific thought patterns or beliefs you have about your religious community or your own feelings of abandonment that are contributing to your emotional pain? Your therapist can help you identify these patterns and work to reframe them in a more helpful way.

Additionally, practicing mindfulness can be helpful in processing trauma. This involves staying present in the moment, non-judgmentally observing any thoughts or emotions that come up, and letting them pass without engaging with them too deeply. Mindfulness can help you become more aware of your emotions and process them in a healthier way, rather than avoiding or pushing them aside.

I hope these tips are helpful in processing your trauma. Remember, healing takes time, so continue to be patient and kind with yourself as you work through it.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back