• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

How do you define your worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mind is a little blown by this lol. I don't want to say what I know to be the answer which is, I want to please my partner. If that person approves, I'm good. If not I'm "in trouble", and I have to fix it. : (. It makes me happy, but no one understands why I'm like this. Not everyone approves. Everything else is part of that desire to one degree or another.

It used to be my work and others opinion. Slowly I'm trying to change that. I want my feelings of worth to be based internally. So my internal dialogue needs to change. If feeling aren't facts and are only based on our internal dialogue.

Is there a metric or standard that can be measured? Don't know...maybe we measure ourselves on how we have progresed re our challenges in life. Recognizing the positive.

I'm really struggling with this. Like, I'm not even sure what "worth" means. I don't feel like I have any value; there would be no loss if I were gone/disappeared.

@whiteraven You don't have to have worth, you being hurt, disappeared or dead would *still* be a grave loss.

I know some times just being is too much and hurts in ways one didn't think were possible.

But there is coming back, and forward, from these.

That doesn't make any sense.

Some times people alive is something that very much matters...

And it's okay if everything else about them doesn't work out at that moment.

That value stuff can wait.
For when everything is more peaceful and clear.
You alive & good (stable health) matters.

Some times people alive is something that very much matters...

And it's okay if everything else about them doesn't work out at that moment.

That value stuff can wait.
For when everything is more peaceful and clear.
You alive & good (stable health) matters.

So what you're saying is, a person has worth just by virtue of being a person?

Yeah, I don't believe that.

I'm saying you don't have to believe it to still act as if it's true.

Even if it feels like a lifetime of a lie, it isn't one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back