• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

How Do You Use This Site?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It varies a bit, often times I check out notifications, watched threads & new threads, sometimes I remember to look at new profile posts. Less often have a look in each forum. And sometimes I'm a bit obsessive in reading lots and lots here.

I do a lot of reading as I hydrate and wake in the mornings, in between chores, while waiting for dinner to cook, etc. mostly when I'm not logged in....usually just going down the "new post" topics of the moment. It's on my rotation of sites I check regularly as either a distraction/a tool/a guide/etc., depending on the day. I find so many bits of helpful/useful/relevant knowledge in some of the darndest places.

I stopped visiting diaries as I find it hard to keep up and/or give the topics and the creators of each the attention they deserve, and they can often contain exactly the things I'm trying to steer my brain and heart away from in the moment. Some days I feel more drawn to the deep end and respond to whatever strikes a deep resonating vibe within, or share experiences in hopes of helping another, but more often than not, I just want to sit on the side and maybe dip my feet in on occasion.

When I sit down and log in to purposefully participate, it's usually in the vein of some of my favorite social topics, as I'm likely trying to unwind my brain from around whatever predicaments it manages to marinate in and releasing/minimally participating/sharing favorite fun/pleasant things is part of my self-care options. Plus, I don't venture out all that much in real life, if I can help it, so whoomp, here I am.

I write in my online journal / diary often, answer threads for which I have a reply, check watched threads, check my news feed, check what's new and trending, randomly check my friends diaries, (if I am not feeling too unwell)......generally like that, but not always in that order.

Oh yeah and I pretty much always post in what did you eat / drink last. Food on the brain!

Another favourite is what are you grateful for and the word association thread. Also really love people's photos in the sunset or hiking threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back