1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Hurting right now - mistreated by family, waiting on low income housing

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by WhiteHatGirl, Nov 24, 2017.

1. WhiteHatGirl

WhiteHatGirl Active Member

I am unable to fully escape exposure to my family of origin with issues over need for survival/poverty.
    I am struggling a lot and went through a lot if mistreatment un shelters over the past few years as well. I am really frustrated today. My sibling doessn't seem to care if I get my SsI and Ssdi application in. Do I grovel? I just wanted to stay maybe another 9 days and borrow their computer so no hackers get my personal information if I had to complete the applications at the public library. All I can do is pray for a nice person to let me stay with them and clean, cook or make art, decorate for rent. This is a crazy situation I think. I have two bachelors degrees and health issues totally holding me back. I am just so tired of being hurt by my family. I want to not ever need any kind of help from them again. If I get a low income apartment soon, I will barely speak to them It is just too hard being in their lives. I now realize the description for what they do is covett abuse, and I think it is likely also definable as a type of narcisstic gaslighting. I don't hurt them. And they hury my other sibling the very same way in the past. I know it is not just me over reacting..... I hate even being dependent on them for. Even a couple of weeks for housing. I keep feeling like they have punched me in the stomach.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
Show Sidebar