Hypomania/ hypervigilance??

R

Re w

The other day at work I started the day off in a great mood and was very productive and focused...at some point my high energy turned into racing thoughts, pressured/ almost slurred speech, panicky behavior, and the absolute opposite of focused...very negative self view as well...it just seemed to happen so fast..Not sure if just high anxiety, trauma response, or hypomania....Anyone else relate?

arfie

MyPTSD Pro
i fully relate. i have come to think that high energies are hard to manage, regardless of whether they are positive or negative voltages. the line between positive and negative is thin and fuzzy, regardless. i ply anxiety management tools to high energy, whatever the surrounding circumstances. when the energies start out productive, i think my tendency is to burn myself out by expecting too much of myself, so the anxiety management tool i use for productive energy is, "setting a pace i can keep."

easy does it.

R

Re W

i fully relate. i have come to think that high energies are hard to manage, regardless of whether they are positive or negative voltages. the line between positive and negative is thin and fuzzy, regardless. i ply anxiety management tools to high energy, whatever the surrounding circumstances. when the energies start out productive, i think my tendency is to burn myself out by expecting too much of myself, so the anxiety management tool i use for productive energy is, "setting a pace i can keep."

easy does it.
That seems like really solid advice, regardless of what is causing it, thank you.