1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am getting married in nine days!

Discussion in 'Social' started by Living in the 70s, Jul 13, 2018 at 4:59 AM.

1. Living in the 70s

Living in the 70s "Go dté tú slán" Premium Member Donated

So it is nine days until I get married now, it is getting close now!

I am feeling a bit anxious about it all. It is going to be really small, which is good, but I still haven't chosen a dress yet, I am not getting a traditional dress, but something that I can use again and again.

I am just hoping that I can not get swamped with my reactive attachment disorder stuff, or lose it, I have improved a lot this year, and I am managing a whole lot of things better, but I am feeling very anxious at the moment.

Slushie, 8888, Anana and 13 others like this.
  2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. somerandomguy

somerandomguy Learning how to be myself Premium Member Donated

What you are feeling is very normal! I was certainly anxious and excited a couple of weeks before my wedding!

Use whatever techniques you have to manange your nervous thinking. I have trouble telling the difference between anxiety and excitement sometimes and can usually reframe one into the other when it's appropriate.

4. Swift

Swift I'm a VIP

Congratulations!
    I hope your day is great and your marriage is even better!

Sophy, Living in the 70s and Sietz like this.
  5. DharmaGirl

DharmaGirl Crazy Chicken Lady Premium Member Sponsor $100+

Wow! Congrats! I hope you have a lovely wedding and are not overwhelmed. There is always ativan.;)

Sophy and Living in the 70s like this.
  6. Living in the 70s

I have been doing too much, I have been helping alot of people, and I am overwhelmed.

I am not going to have a traditional dress but a dress that I can wear again and again. Wedding dresses are too expensive. I have found two dresses that I really like. I am scared of making decisions, of making the wrong decisions. I have been rescuing and helping people again, so I am a good girl, so people will believe me or take me seriously about the bullying guy. I have been reenacting my trauma, like I was at home.

I just want to shut down.

7. Freida

Freida Been There, Done That, Lived to Tell the Story Premium Member

Do it! You are the bride -- you are allowed to take time outs when the pressure gets to be to much. It's a great excuse for some quiet time and self care. And remember -- no wedding turns out like it was planned - but no one knows that. They are there to see you get married, to celebrate your happiness. It's a time to have fun..... and enjoy the beginning of your new life

8. Friday

Friday Raise Hell Moderator

My favourite part of my -extremely fancy / mostly traditional / richly catered- wedding day ... was eating pizza in my knickers on the bed in the hotel room after :sneaky:

There were a lot of other moments that make the list of amazing things that happened that day... but sittin barefoot, with my face scrubbed clean, enjoying food -and just sitting!- for the first time in a week? :D

It was the first time all day I was nothing but myself.

No decision to make, or tasks to accomplish, or anything on... except a huge ass grin on my face, completely and totally relieved.

You’ll get there, too.

9. 8888

8888 I'm a VIP

Congratz!

10. DharmaGirl

Five more days! I'm so happy for you!

11. Living in the 70s

mumstheword likes this.
  12. DharmaGirl

And it's exciting that you know how to spell yeah! So many spell it Yea, as if they were in the Bible.

13. mumstheword

mumstheword I'm a VIP Premium Member Donated

What a wonderful, hectic, thrilling, exciting time for you @Living in the 70s ! I am so happy for you! All the best and I hope it all goes wonderfully and you manage to do lots of self care amongst it all.

Living in the 70s likes this.
Show Sidebar