Sufferer I am new here.

My name is Dennis L Stevens and I am from South Carolina.

I am a US veteran with chronic PTSD, diagnosed by the VA, due to severe childhood abuse. I have received counseling & numerous meds for anxiety & depression. Nothing has worked. I recently read that a natural supplement, 5-HTP, is great for anxiety & depression. It is recommended taking doses of 300-400 mg each day. I have been suffering with debilitating depression & anxiety for a few years and I'm convinced my serotonin levels were depleted. I took 300 mg the 1st time and within 2 hours I felt a relief and a calmness that was unbelievable. Two weeks later and I am still feeling very little symptoms of my PTSD. I am using 5-HTP (Natrol) time release 100 mg tablets. I am a 70 year old retired male and this is the truth. Dennis L Stevens, Spartanburg, SC

AngelkeeperJ

Sponsor
Welcome to the Forum! Glad you are having a good response with a natural remedy. It’s a great thing to find something that helps.

(I am having success with Ashwagandha (3yrs) and a couple Amino Acids that I started 6 weeks ago. I believe it’s a Godsend to find supplements instead of prescriptions. I have been on too numerous Rx to remember at 64😉)

Please check out the many articles here that are helpful…it will benefit you greatly 🙂

Blessings for peace to come your way…

Colbey

New Here
My name is Dennis L Stevens and I am from South Carolina.

I am a US veteran with chronic PTSD, diagnosed by the VA, due to severe childhood abuse. I have received counseling & numerous meds for anxiety & depression. Nothing has worked. I recently read that a natural supplement, 5-HTP, is great for anxiety & depression. It is recommended taking doses of 300-400 mg each day. I have been suffering with debilitating depression & anxiety for a few years and I'm convinced my serotonin levels were depleted. I took 300 mg the 1st time and within 2 hours I felt a relief and a calmness that was unbelievable. Two weeks later and I am still feeling very little symptoms of my PTSD. I am using 5-HTP (Natrol) time release 100 mg tablets. I am a 70 year old retired male and this is the truth. Dennis L Stevens, Spartanburg, SC
I have also just started taking 5-htp (50mg morning and evening and L-tyrosine (500 mg morning and evening) and feel unbelievably better! I still have had some emotional flashbacks at night, but just started it this week and my intrusive thoughts, anxiety, and depression seem to be gone! It is recommended to take L-tyrosine and 5-htp together at a 10:1 or 5:1 ratio to prevent the serotonin from depleting your dopamine over time.