• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

I am sooooo sad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad is the one emotion I don’t “do”. Full stop. I cannot handle it, manage it, work around it, or in any way do anything with.

Sorrow, grief, regret, remorse, pain, loss, betrayal, et al… I am long and old friends with. But sadness? Guts me. Is beyond me.

What about you?

I hate it hate it! I don’t know what is going on, what part and why she is so sad. I want to hide, disappear.

Have you ever been soothed? Have you ever tried to sooth anyone else? It just means being with a person in whatever they're feeling, acknowledging what they're feeling without judgment, and letting them know that whatever they're feeling is OK. Maybe they won't feel that way forever, but it's OK to feel the way they're feeling now - no matter why they feel that way.

Could you try telling that to yourself?

Maybe you could try hugging yourself. Maybe just sitting with yourself and being with yourself, and being OK with feeling sad.

Have you ever been soothed? Have you ever tried to sooth anyone else? It just means being with a person in whatever they're feeling, acknowledging what they're feeling without judgment, and letting them know that whatever they're feeling is OK. Maybe they won't feel that way forever, but it's OK to feel the way they're feeling now - no matter why they feel that way.

Could you try telling that to yourself?

Maybe you could try hugging yourself. Maybe just sitting with yourself and being with yourself, and being OK with feeling sad.
I actually do it for my job-with children and parents. I just can’t do it for myself. I hate myself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back