• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

I avoid people , i push them away , no family no friends although i need them

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenzi nelly

New Here
i am suffering from complex ptsd for 4 years now due to chronic physical and emotional abuse caused by my parents ! i believe that they still abuse me because they don't believe that i truly suffer from cptsd , the psychiatrists i visited are totally ignorant ! they know nothing about complex ptsd ! they say i didn't have an accident and i wasn't in war so i can't have ptsd ! i don't know what to do with my life , i am in a developing country , no good physicians no supporting teams no supporting family nothing at all , and when people try to be close to me and try to be my friend i push them away i don't reply they calls i ignore their presence these are so typical to complex ptsd , the isolation thing , i am feeling helpless and i came here because i have nothing else to do ! did anyone have a parent or partner who were in denial like mine ? what should i do ! i don't have enough money to travel abroad on my own , but my family is rich they can help me if they want ! but the truth is they don't even want to help , when i talk about my suffering they laugh at me they change the subject , nobody is helping at all :(

So how have you received your diagnosis? I mean are you self diagnosing yourself?

How old are you? You rely on your parents for money & they have sent you to a psych., What diagnosis if any did you get? What treatment did you receive?

I am already diagnosed with obsessive compulsive disorder , they say that it is the cause of my depression but i believe it is not i am a lot better than before i don’t suffer from ocd like i used to but the depression is still overwhelming me ,the problem is that the psychiatrists and parents neglect the trauma thing ! now i am 26 and i studied pharmacy and psychology that is how i diagnosed myself

I'm sorry but are you a qualified psychologist & pharmacist?

No other psych., you have seen agrees with your self-diagnosis... But you have OCD & Depression?

Please read the articles on this site about the criteria for PTSD.

Whilst I agree with you that trauma can occur from a variety of situations. Not all trauma causes PTSD.

To self diagnose oneself with anything really is unsafe. You really should know this if you are qualified.

To hold a belief for so long contrary to what you have been told you don't have by your own psyche's... I can't help you.

Maybe someone else can unravel this.
All the best

I encourage you to stick around and get support. You might not have PTSD, but it sounds like you aren’t even in the position to get a proper diagnosis in the first place.

I think an important step is to figure out a way to get away from your family. Healing is going to be very hard around them.

Hi! I get the sense that there is more to your story that you either don't feel comfortable sharing or maybe wish to share at a later time etc.

I'm with everyone here in terms of the self-diagnosis...It's really not a good idea and, long term, will do more harm than good. That's not to say you don't have PTSD (we simply don't have enough info and also, only a qualified professional can determine that) but I would really encourage you to see a professional and go from there.

Now, I know families, especially in some cultures, can be very domineering and it can be hard to carve your own path that's different. They can meddle, dismiss, hurt etc or they can be helpful or any combination thereof. Good luck as you explore this more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back