• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

I been doing a lot of self analysis lately

Status
Not open for further replies.

JessC

Confident
I really wanted to figure out my worst enemy, that constant, unrelenting, negative inner voice. I have really bad memory problems, but something clicked tonight. Everything I've ever done has been judged by someone growing up. I've been molested a couple times by different people, I've have a revolver forced down my pants, and when he cooked it my junk got caught in the rotation of the chamber. He thought that was funny. I've been beaten, burned, cut, hung. Surprise attacks at night. Singled out. Rejected time and again. Having to change yourself to fit any situation so you don't show weakness, a learned necessity. Because of my memory problems people would always assume I'm stupid. No, I'm not stupid. I just can't function...yet. anyway the point is to say That I got through all of that, but its this damn inner voice that drives me to suicide. From early on I was taught everything in life through scolding. Never explaining. While it did give me a love for learning, once I figured out how in my OWN way, it subconsciously tought me that that is how to learn,, and improve. I've been getting good advice on here and YouTube. I get it now that I kind of understand it a little. The inner voice helped me in so dark times. Taught me to bottle things up to use it as a weapon to defend my self. Yes, I know that's not good. It's on the to do list lol. But I don't need it anymore. I'm not in an extreme situation anymore, and haven't been in a decade at least. I don't know how to tone down my feelings instead of shutting them off though. My emotions are just so strong all the time. I seem to have understandable emotional respons most of the time, they are just cranked up to 10. All of them. I stopped going to the movies after I cried during a kids film lol. So that just get too embarrassing for a guy. Let alone a grown man. But hey. I'm taking a good look at things one at a time. Nothing is going to change if I don't get rid of that voice. But someone on YouTube told me that she swore on her life that I could get rid of it. So I'll try to get rid of it. Honestly she begged me, and it made me cry so hard. I have a few people in my life that care in their own way, but caring words aren't a thing in my family and friends. Having caring words directed at me like that got through. It cut through the voice. She did it, so can I. So now I take some baby steps. It's going to be hard, but I think I've found where to start, finally. So I'd like to thank her, and all the people here for the support. I really didn't feel like there was any hope, but now I at least have a small spark that hope to grow. Like I said baby steps. I get overwhelmed way too easy. Oh my I just saw how long this is lol. I had to write it out before I let just wash away. Memory.

Thank you for sharing the message of hope. Happy to hear you are finding your way. Following a path of healing. Our paths don't all look the same and that's the great part.

Happy you are you feeling better. It's a hard road. But you are doing it. Baby steps. Too much too soon and we just get overwhelmed.

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the support. The problems and solutions always seemed so vague to me before. I'm the type of person that needs a checklist. So I have a clear starting point. I got to say I'm also terrified. Life has kind of taught me that hope is like exposing a nerve just to have salt rubbed in it. Doing my best to counter that line of thinking. The physical response is bad though.

I’m very much like this so, did the YouTuber say how it was got rid of?

Ive done a lot of things that made me “better” but mostly I withdrew from life and realized why through therapy.

I try and not use punishment or fear as a motivator (inner voice) but then through meditation and medication I find doing nothing suits me just fine. This I read, not wanting anything, is a highly valued state in India, but I’m not in India. I find it a little depressing.

I’m very much like this so, did the YouTuber say how it was got rid of?

Ive done a lot of things that made me “better” but mostly I withdrew from life and realized why through therapy.

I try and not use punishment or fear as a motivator (inner voice) but then through meditation and medication I find doing nothing suits me just fine. This I read, not wanting anything, is a highly valued state in India, but I’m not in India. I find it a little depressing.
They sent me here, and said this guy really helps.

Thanks I hope you are doing well . Here is part of my life. I am able to journal which I’ve found all therapists suggest. I could never do it. I knew someone would read it if I wrote things physically on paper. I felt that way about writing online of course but it’s safer somehow. There is a core group here that know a lot. I hope so for you as well, I’ll look forward to reading that link. It sorta rings a bell I think it’s come up before but I’ll look thx.

Yes his books really are great. And he has first hand experience.

This I read, not wanting anything, is a highly valued state in India, but I’m not in India. I find it a little depressing.
I'm struggling with this problem exactly. And it isn't even just Indian and Eastern philosophies. In Western ones such as Epicureanism and stoicism that also is quite the target. Ataraxia, Nirvana, all the same combat. But I guess we're confusing our "removed" sensation with what really it's supposed to mean.

Happy to read @jch that you're finding the good spark of hope. Not the hope things will go better by themselves and the toxic hope people will change. But the good hope in yourself knowing that you want to change this for you. And will!

Lovely thread. Nothing like some good self analysis to clear the mind.
From early on I was taught everything in life through scolding. Never explaining. While it did give me a love for learning,
I never considered the link between punitive parenting and the love of learning—makes so much sense! 🤯 And the relation to hyper independence as well, now that I think of it!
I'd like to thank her, and all the people here for the support. I really didn't feel like there was any hope, but now I at least have a small spark that hope
Beautiful! ✨
I knew someone would read it if I wrote things physically on paper.
This happened to me. I was traumatized. I wrote about the experience in my online diary when I first started on here four years ago and remember feeling lots of support from members.
Happy to read @jch that you're finding the good spark of hope. Not the hope things will go better by themselves and the toxic hope people will change. But the good hope in yourself knowing that you want to change this for you. And will!
This is lovely to read. Interesting to me how vaporous hope can be, appearing one moment and barred from appearing the next. Hope is a feeling. I now understand that better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back