• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

I can't talk with my anxiety

Status
Not open for further replies.

freebird

MyPTSD Pro
There are so many things I want to say on here because it is so encouraged, but I am so afraid that if I say them, I will get punished, hurt, rejected, or my abusers will find out, etc. It took me so much courage to post in my new diary. And when I type things, I go over them for like an hour before I post because I am afraid of saying the wrong things. I. just. can't. talk.

Maybe I should just stay in my diary and avoid posting public stuff for now. Does anyone have any advice?

Hi freebird :)

I can relate to your difficulty talking about stuff.

As far as advice on posting - I'd say little and often and always see how you feel before and after and stop or slow down if it feels too much.

Hope that makes sense?

Maybe start by replying to others posts a little.

And of course if you are worried about your abusers finding your posts you can always make a point not to include information that would identify you in your posts.

Anyway welcome.

Last edited:
I have the same trouble @freebird. I have trouble posting in the forums. If I'm sharing something personal often times my skin crawls with combination of shame and fear after posting. I have to leave the conversation..sometimes for a long time. My mind races, I don't know what to say...or I think omg that person is going to take my post in the wrong way...etc. It's terrible and something I'm trying to overcome.

I have started a paper journal so I can learn to connect with and speak my gut truth...I hope to build on this. In time I may get used to opening up to myself and others.

Recently I have been using my site profile space to share more personal things. Kinda keeps it private and kinda doesn't..at the moment it's right in my sweet spot.

We can do this...

Thank you so much Albatross
I love your idea to focus on the therapeutic benefit of it. The issue with me isn't necessarily writing however, but sharing with people. My secrets are the only thing I have left in my life that haven't been sabotaged. I keep them private so they aren't torn up. I just posted a very serious thing in my diary, and I'm still shaking up about it. But if my words can fall on eyes that will see me as a person of value and worth, the risk is worth it.

But if my words can fall on eyes that will see me as a person of value and worth, the risk is worth it.

You are a good person of value and the risk is worth it. Just take your time in getting familiar with everyone and navigating around the forums and use your setting options because they are so helpful. There is a lot to learn and anthony is a genius in how he put this place together. I have never seen a site like this one so well developed. You are safe here to share as you risk a little more each time.:hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back