• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Undiagnosed I don’t think I have PTSD as such but I have a long history of trauma and mental illness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cacti-cats

New Here
It’s been really comforting for me to find this forum and hear about other people’s experiences that aren’t far from my own.
I don’t think I have PTSD as such but I have a long history of trauma and mental illness. I spent 4 years in therapy in the past to work on repeated trauma from my childhood and finally got myself in a better place. However, I recently experienced a sexual assault, which has really set me back in terms of progress. It’s brought up a lot of issues that I previously refused to acknowledge but can no longer ignore. I found a new therapist but I’m really struggling to trust them and talking about things is really hard for me. I’m not really sure how things can ever change as it feels like I’m cursed to live a life full of trauma, but for the time being, just knowing there are others that feel the same way as me really does help.

You're aren't cursed, or you wouldn't have found support.

I'm so sorry that happened -- glad you've found a way to reach out for more support :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back