• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

I don't even know where to begin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justmehere

Sponsor
Long story short, I decided that if someone doesn't speak to me respectfully, I won't let them speak to me at all until they do. Or unless they do.

A lot of jerks have been quickly eliminated from contact. Good thing.

My stalker sent a proxy who was very rude. Bye.

But the thing is, he did something that meant I lost others. Despite the courts penalizing the stalker he told people it was my fault. I had not told most people in my life what I was going through. They didn't know. Not the thing you drop on a new friend. I had left a lot of friendships to get away from stalker dude. Suddenly I found out who of the new folks in my life could handle gossip well and not. Turns out most listened to it and believed it without even a conversation with me.

I have no time for this. In the past I would have tried to work it out. But right now, I need to find people who are different.. I guess. Not sure I believe anyone is healthy.

I am so emotionally banged up though, it's hard for me to connect to anyone. I also am not okay with doing life all alone. That's not healthy either. I'm trying to date too and every time it comes to meeting in person I bail. Counseling feels like another pushy relationship. There's a massive shortage where I live so keep in mind my options are usually interns still working towards a license.

I don't know where to start right now. Mostly, I just can't do this life totally alone.

I have no time for this. In the past I would have tried to work it out. But right now, I need to find people who are different
Ah. One of the few downsides to having Standards. Not just any warm body will do, and it can take several years to populate your life with badass friends & acquaintances.

It’s an overall good sign, though a f*cking uncomfortable & vexing place to be living through.

Ah. One of the few downsides to having Standards. Not just any warm body will do, and it can take several years to populate your life with badass friends & acquaintances.

It’s an overall good sign, though a f*cking uncomfortable & vexing place to be living through.
This

You've been thru hell and the toxic relationships are just more fuel on the fire.
But you are coming out the other side with your standards and boundaries in place
So when the new, healthier people come along you will have space for them
And they will have space for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back