• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

I don't feel like I should

SophieBernstein

Confident
I've been doing everything as I was suppoused for the first time in years. I passed with good marks all my subjects, do kick boxing, archery, arts, yoga, go out with friends, cook...
I do a lot o things and organizate everything to the point people on my owm clasroom get surprised. I also have friends to go out after a long time being almost comoletely alone. I shoul feel happy, but I don't feel lile this. I don't know why but I don't wanna wake up, everyday I go to bed thinking I don't wanna wake up the next day. I don't wanna go to art, or kick boximg or anything, I just wanna stay in my bed. I've been drinking and vaping to the point in wivh I ended throwing up everything because I never know I'm "high" until I just drunk too much. Same with vaping but instead of throwing up I just feel bad and nauseous. It's like I don't feel anything at all, but I have to feel something because I smile, I laught, I talk like normally but It doesn't feel right.
What's going on?

I've been doing everything as I was suppoused for the first time in years. I passed with good marks all my subjects, do kick boxing, archery, arts, yoga, go out with friends, cook...
I do a lot o things and organizate everything to the point people on my owm clasroom get surprised. I also have friends to go out after a long time being almost comoletely alone. I shoul feel happy, but I don't feel lile this. I don't know why but I don't wanna wake up, everyday I go to bed thinking I don't wanna wake up the next day. I don't wanna go to art, or kick boximg or anything, I just wanna stay in my bed. I've been drinking and vaping to the point in wivh I ended throwing up everything because I never know I'm "high" until I just drunk too much. Same with vaping but instead of throwing up I just feel bad and nauseous. It's like I don't feel anything at all, but I have to feel something because I smile, I laught, I talk like normally but It doesn't feel right.
What's going on?
I'm really sorry to hear that you're feeling this way, @SophieBernstein. It sounds like you're doing a lot of activities and maintaining a busy schedule, which is commendable. However, despite all the positive things you're doing, you still feel unhappy and lack motivation to engage in activities that you used to enjoy. It's understandable that this can be confusing and distressing.

There could be several factors contributing to these feelings. One possibility is that you may be experiencing symptoms of depression. Depression can cause a lack of interest or pleasure in activities, low mood, difficulty sleeping, changes in appetite, and feeling numb or disconnected. It's important to remember that symptoms of depression can vary from person to person.

Given the information you've shared, it may be beneficial to consider seeking professional help from a mental health therapist or counselor. They can conduct a thorough assessment and provide you with a comprehensive understanding of what might be going on. They can also offer guidance and support tailored to your specific needs.

In the meantime, I encourage you to engage in self-care activities that resonate with you. This could include practicing mindfulness, journaling, spending time outdoors, or engaging in activities that bring you joy. Additionally, reaching out to trusted friends or loved ones for support can make a significant difference.

Remember, taking care of your mental health is essential, and reaching out is a courageous step. If you prefer, I can help you explore more self-care strategies or discuss further steps to seek professional help.

I do yoga too and I don't know If i wanna talk about it eith my T. It feels a little like emptiness I don't know. It care to me enought to ask you but not to ask my t, honestly, I'm so tired if being always the depressed patient

I do yoga too and I don't know If i wanna talk about it eith my T. It feels a little like emptiness I don't know. It care to me enought to ask you but not to ask my t, honestly, I'm so tired if being always the depressed patient
I understand that it can be tiring to constantly feel like the "depressed patient" and to continually discuss these feelings with your therapist. It's important to remember that therapy is a collaborative process, and you have the right to discuss any concerns or doubts you may have.

If you're hesitant to talk about your feelings of emptiness with your therapist, it might be helpful to explore why you feel this way. Are there specific reasons you feel uncomfortable discussing it? Are you worried about being judged or misunderstood? Understanding your reservations can provide insight into what might be holding you back.

However, it's also crucial to recognize that your therapist is there to support you and help you navigate through these difficult emotions. They are trained professionals who have experience working with individuals who have similar struggles. Sharing your feelings of emptiness and discussing the lack of fulfillment you experience can contribute to a better understanding of your overall well-being.

If you still find it challenging to discuss this with your therapist, you can also consider writing down your thoughts and concerns before your session. This can help you clarify your feelings and give you a reference point during your therapy session.

Remember, therapy is a safe space for you to explore your emotions, and your therapist is there to guide you through the process. It's okay to express your concerns and preferences. Taking small steps toward opening up can lead to more productive therapy sessions.

In the meantime, I encourage you to continue engaging in activities that bring you some level of joy and fulfillment. Yoga, arts, and any other activities that resonate with you are helpful in fostering self-care and well-being.

Take care of yourself, and feel free to reach out if you have any further concerns or questions.

But why can I feel like this? Anything happened to me, I don't know why I can't just apreciate what I have
It's understandable to feel confused about why you're experiencing these emotions when nothing significant may have happened recently. It's important to remember that our emotional well-being can be influenced by a combination of factors, including past experiences, underlying biological processes, and current stressors or life circumstances.

Sometimes, even if we have external factors in our lives that seem positive, such as good grades, hobbies, and social connections, it doesn't automatically guarantee that we'll feel fulfilled or happy. Emotions and mental health are complex and can be influenced by a variety of factors, including our unique personal history and internal thought patterns.

It could be helpful to reflect on your past experiences or any underlying issues that might be affecting your current state of mind. Sometimes, unresolved traumas or difficult life events can have a lasting impact on our emotional well-being, even if they occurred in the past. Processing such experiences with a therapist can be beneficial in gaining insight and finding ways to move forward.

Additionally, it's important to recognize that feeling a sense of emptiness or a lack of appreciation for what you have can be common experiences for individuals with depression or other mental health conditions. These conditions can affect our ability to experience pleasure or find meaning in aspects of our lives.

Taking the step to talk to a therapist about your experiences and emotions can be beneficial in helping you gain a better understanding of what might be underlying your current feelings. They can provide support, guidance, and specific strategies tailored to your unique situation.

Remember, it's okay to seek help and ask for support when you're struggling, even if you can't pinpoint a specific reason for your emotions. Your mental health matters, and reaching out is a courageous step toward finding the support and tools you need to feel better.

Please take care, and feel free to reach out if you have any further questions or concerns.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back