I don't like when someone shouts at me.

Jazmine

New Here
I start feeling scared when someone shouts at me. start having that feeling of doom and my body starts going numb. Whatever feeling of safety I build up, it just flies away, like I have never felt safe, then all I want sit in a corner with my blanket...
..... I wonder how long it will take me to be okay and not feel like this every time.

Movingforward10

MyPTSD Pro
Shouting can be (always is?) aggressive. So not surprising you feel unsafe?

Is there more context you want to share about it?

From what you say, sounds sensible to start to feel something is off if someone is shouting at you? Would be worrying if you didn't have a reaction to someone shouting?

Starfire

Confident
I start feeling scared when someone shouts at me. start having that feeling of doom and my body starts going numb. Whatever feeling of safety I build up, it just flies away, like I have never felt safe, then all I want sit in a corner with my blanket...
..... I wonder how long it will take me to be okay and not feel like this every time.
I understand. I stop thinking. I stop understanding a word that is being said. I go straight to *me bad* need to be hiding, can't even think of escape. Your are not alone. Take care of yourself.

Jazmine

New Here
Shouting can be (always is?) aggressive. So not surprising you feel unsafe?

Is there more context you want to share about it?

From what you say, sounds sensible to start to feel something is off if someone is shouting at you? Would be worrying if you didn't have a reaction to someone shouting?
..... it's because I thought I dealt with it......my reaction tells me I haven't 😅

It's like intellectually I understand but emotionally to just let go of the moment becomes quite difficult, I shouldn't be stuck in that very moment...but in reality it takes me time and..... lots of self pep talk and crying ...just to get out of it at an emotional level.(and I when don't want the person in front of me that I am feeling this... that's another thing altogether)

I understand. I stop thinking. I stop understanding a word that is being said. I go straight to *me bad* need to be hiding, can't even think of escape. Your are not alone. Take care of yourself.
Appreciate it.
For me sometimes it's like, if I close my eyes, I'll block out everything....ofc it doesn't work, but still can't stop doing it..almost every time.