1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I feel lost in the life around me

Discussion in 'Domestic Violence' started by candibarb72, Jul 13, 2018 at 10:37 AM.

1. candibarb72

candibarb72 Was Barbara Rios

I cant be the only one that feels lost in their life. Feels like I'm in a dream and I can't wake up.
    It's not a bad dream but one that I have no control over. Maybe a lack of a better word, I guess. I have been diagnosed with PTSD with severe depression and anxiety. But this cant be my life, can it?

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. berlinda

berlinda On the way to find out :-) Premium Member Sponsor $100+

How do you mean? Like I should think your life could be like this currently. Does it have to be like the for the rest of your life? No I'm sure it can improve with treatment. Ate you getting treatment?

4. candibarb72

candibarb72 Was Barbara Rios

I'm in treatment, I have 2 therapists one who uses EMR. But I guess what Im saying is that I wore a mask for defense per say. And as I look at myself everyday I don't know if its the meds or me but I begin to question myself. If you can understand what I am trying to say. I know it is rather confusing. Some days I feel like ok I can do this and some days my mind is everywhere I don't want it to be.

berlinda, Slushie, Whirlwind and 4 others like this.
  5. Slushie

Slushie Active Member

Yeah, your thread really struck a chord with me, that's how I feel now. It's a feeling of there being no direction and no reason to create any new direction. It seems I needed my ex to tell me how to live.

Ronin, berlinda, Whirlwind and 2 others like this.
  6. somerandomguy

somerandomguy Learning how to be myself Premium Member Donated

That's how I felt after I got out of my abusive relationship. I felt completely broken and that nothing mattered. I felt like that for years.

I think the only way to get out of it is basically to pretend that things do matter. Over time, after doing lots of things I really didn't feel like doing, I was able to find a few things that made a difference in my life, even if the rest of my life was broken and pointless. Then I found a few more things that I enjoyed, and then a few more, until one day I realized I had a pretty full life.

Keep working. Right now maybe everything sucks. That's normal. One day everything won't suck.

Friday, Ronin, berlinda and 6 others like this.
  7. blackemerald1

blackemerald1 I'm a VIP Premium Member

^^It could be both? It is good you are questioning this and hopefully looking for ways to improve your life and find that belonging and purpose that drifts or gets lost.

Good luck and keep looking.

Ronin, berlinda, Slushie and 2 others like this.
  8. Slushie

Slushie Active Member

@somerandomguy it's good to know this is a thing other people feel too. I'm going to take your advice when I stop feeling so paralysed by it all, the best I can do right now is absolutely essential tasks then get straight home ASAP and often hide in bed.

Show Sidebar