• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

I got a job!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImSad

MyPTSD Pro
I'm still pretty new here, but I wanted to come share the news anyway!

I was unemployed and out of school for nearly 5 months after I had the big meltdown that led to me seeking therapy again/getting a ptsd diagnosis. Every time I tried to set up interviews and move forward, I'd get huge panic attacks and just keep avoiding.

Well anyway, I went on an interview last week for a job in my field (I have my BA in psychology) and yesterday I got a call offering me the position! I think I'm way more nervous than excited, but I'm hopeful that I will settle into the job and be able to feel somewhat stable/capable/not like a scared little kid pretending to be an adult, lol.

Thank you, everyone! I'm such a mix of excitement and nerves, but between training and waiting for background checks and me going out of town for a couple weeks, it'll be at least a month or so until I start the position independently, so I'm hoping the slow transition will help with all the nerves.

@Mach123 do you think you're going to do it, or know what kind of program you're interested in? I was in a MSW program briefly before needing to take a break from everything. Realized I totally needed to work on myself before pursuing that career path further, but I'm hoping now that I've started therapy and recovery I'll be ready to return and pursue the degree in the next year or 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back