I got out!

barefoot

Sponsor
Upstairs died last night.
She had a friend staying over, seems likely an accidental OD of painkillers.

Feel a bit numb.
I feel terrible for her.
She has a young girl about 9, lovely girl.

And I feel mean for not trusting her, I dunno, I just do.

It's a shock when someone dies suddenly isn't it.

How shocking and awful!

Lumos

MyPTSD Pro
It sounded like she had been struggling and needed professional help/intervention. Hopefully someone trustworthy will take over the care of her daughter. Dread to think she might have to go back to a potentially dangerous father, poor soul 😥

Movingforward10

MyPTSD Pro
Upstairs died last night.
She had a friend staying over, seems likely an accidental OD of painkillers.

Feel a bit numb.
I feel terrible for her.
She has a young girl about 9, lovely girl.

And I feel mean for not trusting her, I dunno, I just do.

It's a shock when someone dies suddenly isn't it.
Oh gosh. That is hugely hugely upsetting. That poor little girl too.
I'm sorry @Teasel . Really sad news.
Do feel guilty.
You have no reason to feel guilty. None at all. It's incredibly incredibly sad she died. She had challenges with her personality and you don't need to feel guilty about that.
You can remember her kindness in those moments, along with the complexities she had, it doesn't mean you are guilty of anything or responsible for anything.

Hugs if you accept.

Teasel

MyPTSD Pro
Addiction is horrible.
Thanks, I don't have the impression she was an addict. She was on a lot of meds for a good few conditions. They would make her pretty out of it by night-time.
You have no reason to feel guilty.
Thanks, I just do anyway.

Went to the local support group today. Spoke with the facilitator for a moment about it. She said to be gentle with myself, self care, take time for it, that it's a traumatic experience even though we weren't close. I told her about feeling guilty too, she said it was pretty normal to feel that way.

Picked up sausage & small chips from near the meet, goodness, they were up there with the best chips I've ever had. Glad it's not walking distance, I'd be there all the time.

Movingforward10

MyPTSD Pro
Thanks, I just do anyway.
Understandable to feel it.

Went to the local support group today. Spoke with the facilitator for a moment about it. She said to be gentle with myself, self care, take time for it, that it's a traumatic experience even though we weren't close. I told her about feeling guilty too, she said it was pretty normal to feel that way.
Glad you have the facilitator to talk with and she is supportive and validated what you're going through.

Picked up sausage & small chips from near the meet, goodness, they were up there with the best chips I've ever had. Glad it's not walking distance, I'd be there all the time.
Yum!