1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

I have a new job - following my dreams

Discussion in 'Employment, Education & Disability' started by Muttly, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Muttly

Muttly Well-Known Member Premium Member Donated

Ever since I could talk and walk, animals have been my thing. Up until my late teens I planned to be a veterinarian. I got side tracked along the way, although I've always done things like pet sitting and a lot of my jobs had some focus on animals.

Wednesday morning I will begin working at a pet hospital. I will be working at the front desk. No, this is not just a receptionist job (my best friend said that and I'm a little stung). I will be getting case histories, getting weights, giving prescriptions and telling how to take them, etc.

If I decide I want to do go more until animal care, they will pay for me schooling. They also give me discount on vet care for my critters and discounts on some products. I

am wicked excited... and a bit scared. I'm scared for all the obvious reasons. I'm also scared because of the responsibility. They recently had a dog die because they screwed up. The idea that I could make a mistake that would cost an animal it's life is terrifying.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. littleoc

littleoc Making everywhere I go a better place Premium Member Donated

Well, let's not focus on terrifying parts -- you seem like such a careful person!

This is amazing!! I'm so happy to hear this! I've never seen a non-important person behind the front desk at the vet. I call them for advice when the doctor is busy! They always know what's up. Definitely not just a receptionist or anything like that.

Congratulations!!!

4. Zoogal

Zoogal Policy Enforcement Banned

That will be awesome

5. Sietz

Sietz Well-Known Member

This is awesome! Congratulations :)

6. bellbird

bellbird Active Member

Awesome stuff @Muttly . Following your dreams is such a great feeling, and people always notice when someone is passionate about the job they're doing. All the best to you :)

7. Living in the 70s

Living in the 70s Was Disco Dancing Queen Premium Member Donated

Congratulations! That is epic!

It is so great you have also negotiated for potential advancement and continuing education! Way to go! You are one smart cookie!

I am so pleased for you!

8. Missycat

Missycat Well-Known Member Donated

Congratulations @Muttly , you will do amazing.
    All the best and good luck xx keep us posted on how you get on.
    :tup:

9. Chris-duck

Chris-duck Active Member

Well done! Good luck with it all!

10. somerandomguy

somerandomguy Learning how to be myself Premium Member

Congratulations! I'm wicked stoked for you! You're going to do great!!

11. Neverthesame

Neverthesame A Mind The Dead Have Ravaged Premium Member Donated

I see the fear of the responsibility as a good thing. It means you will practice due diligence for each and every critter you interact with.

I think you'll do good by them all. Congrats on the new job! :)

12. Lionheart777

Lionheart777 Healing Warrior Premium Member

You can tell a lot about a person by their love for animals and I think it's amazingly awesome that you landed this job....I am happy for you!!! I believe you will do well as you will have both your heart and mind focused on the tasks at hand. Congratulations!!!

13. Muttly

Muttly Well-Known Member Premium Member Donated

:) Thank you all. I'm about to head off for my first day!!!!!!!

Show Sidebar