• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer I have to tell someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissBS

New Here
I was in this relationship. My gut told me no, but my heart told me to stay. A year into it was the first push, a few months later a slap. This turned into fists to the face, being pulled down three flights to the basement being beat then kept down there. Then came the rape. In all sorts of ways. Every way he could violate me he could. This happened when I was just starting my life. He took away my life. Forever. I talk about it like it’s no big deal but it is. I was raped. I was kept hostage. I can’t look at anything the same. I survived but did I?

Welcome to the forum. Sorry you have reason to be here.

Are you safe now? I hope so. Definitely reach out to local DV supports if you're not. Everything else can wait.

Things will get better.

I’m sorry @MissBS. It’s such an awful ugly thing to have to go through. You are in good company here and I can relate to your experience based on my own experiences. It helps to say it out loud.

Yeah..only twice a month. I thought I was doing ok but I think the pandemic and recent family issues is bringing up all my old s/s of ptsd and I’m having trouble coping and even getting out of bed

Welcome. I'm so glad you're here! You'll hopefully find lots of people to relate with. Take your time.

I'm sorry you experienced that terrifying time. Glad you are here now.

I hate the rebuild feeling noticing the ruins. :( you're not alone here.

But the ashes can be brought into something beautiful. A stronger versions yourself. In time.

@MissBS that’s an awful story. You did survive! But maybe to be able to survive, you lived in denial of how much it really hurt you. I can relate to that! My first love also took advantage of my naievety and it took many many years to give up running from those feelings.
It’s a relief to let yourself feel when you’ve lived that way for a long time. You’re not alone!
I’m glad you found this place, and I wish you gentle healing ❤️‍🩹

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back