• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

I Hope I Found It - Abusive Marriage

Status
Not open for further replies.

theosof

New Here
Hi I'm new...I have no "official" diagnosis of ptsd but I feel pretty sure I do...My first marriage of 10 yrs was abusive but I've been in a 2nd marriage for 25 yrs that is very good. I always feel detached from everything. I think I put on a good show but nothing is real to me. I have no goals or feel I want to strive for anything. I have many fears- anything that makes me vulnerable whether legitimate or not I get anxious. Even now I get fearful of my husband's reactions to what I do even though I know he won't react as my ex did. I do have the startle reaction and such a feeling of detachment. Few things give me pleasure. The poor concentration is an issue...I freaked when I watched Shindler's List as there was a scene in it that took me back to an incident with my ex - I couldn't finish the movie. I'm a nurse and read an article on ptsd and realized I very well could have it...It's been so long- I'm not sure what I should do. I think my facade is starting to come apart- so I'm not sure where to go ...Any advice appreciated.:frown:

Welcome to the forum. At this time the best I can suggest is read our info section and check out the links at the top of the page that lead you to other areas of the forum.

Hi osof, welcome to the forum. There is no time limit on when PTSD comes out... so yes, what you explain could very well be it. You must however seek professional assessment in order to find out once and for all though, as many factors are assessed for PTSD diagnosis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back