• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

I look back on a great decision in my life

Status
Not open for further replies.

stronglady

Confident
I look back on a great decision in my life,enlisting in the Marines.My life was messed up a little hanging around certain bad people.Finally one day at school,a Marines recruiter was there and I was 18 at the time.Asked him questions about enlisting and did give me his card calling him making the decision.Had the talk with my parents too,They were both supportive of me doing this.Finally this recruiter came to the house and had the talk with my parents.Said he saw potential in me making the commitment becoming a Marine.Looked at the recruiter and said I wanted to enlist.He looked at me and said stop at the recruiting office which happened the next day signing the papers.Tough part was leaving home September of 1997 for boot camp.Luckily my family and my other family members threw me a get away party 3 days before I left for boot camp.Told me good luck becoming a Marine.My parents and I were tearful when I left for boot camp.Made it through boot camp and they were there on graduation day.My dad including mom saw a huge change in me,made me a better person serving 8 years in the Marines.It is to this day and they are proud parents of a Marines veteran.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back