• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer Trauma Addiction Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

comfort zone

New Here
Hi I'm new.
Thank you for being here.
Oh, I miss spelled 'this'. I want to be okay with being imperfect.
Cz

Compassion and Self-Hate by Theodore I. Ruben, M.D.
Page 223

… contentment is the most fertile ground for growth, real growth of inner self, because it offers the possibility of the peace and energy necessary to listen, to hear, and to choose from one's own inner I am I life.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have PTSD. In the past I had success with regulating this, with the help of a therapist, but I am having a hard time now. I feel addicted to trauma, to repeating the cycle. I want to return to my comfort zone and protect myself from this self sabbatoge cycle.

I am involved in many healing resources. Today I watched part of a video and did a type of yoga that helps with trauma. I sat in meditation for almost 20 minutes. I observed the Jewish day of rest.

I am interested in finding a connection with this community. I wonder if anyone knows what I'm talking about. The way it was described to me is in the center, is the comfort zone; above it is hyper arousal, and below it is, hypo arousal. Hyper arousal is fear and hypo arousal is depression. One thing I learned from working with a therapist along time ago, was to avoid high risk situations when I am not in my comfort zone.

Hi @comfort zone - welcome to the forum. I've moved your post onto this thread, which is your introduction thread. The title has been edited.

Please take some time to read through the section for New Members in our Help Pages - that will give you some ideas about where to start with all the different things the forum has to offer.

And, if you're not sure about where to place a post? You can always post it in the General area - moderators will move it to a different forum, if they think it belongs somewhere else. That's not at all a problem.

Hi @comfort zone - welcome to the forum. I've moved your post onto this thread, which is your introduction thread. The title has been edited.

Please take some time to read through the section for New Members in our Help Pages - that will give you some ideas about where to start with all the different things the forum has to offer.

And, if you're not sure about where to place a post? You can always post it in the General area - moderators will move it to a different forum, if they think it belongs somewhere else. That's not at all a problem.
okay, I appreciate the support and encouragement.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back