• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer I need to let people know

Status
Not open for further replies.

NatukeiNeko

New Here
Hi,

I finally decided to talk about it, my sexual abuse. I still feel so odd about calling it that. Every time I acknowledge it as Sexual Abuse, PTSD, Rape... It feels like a lie. But, I've spent too many years not only reminding myself, but having those few people who know remind me as well that... It was that, and it wasn't, isn't my fault.

I made a post in the Sexual Assault section already, detailing exactly how I feel right now, exactly why I chose now to join and finally talk about it... (If you care to read... It's quite long, my apologies, please don't feel obligated to read it: https://www.myptsd.com/threads/its-like-nothing-has-changed.85917/)

I hope that here I can not only find support, but offer it too. I'm no stranger to psychological problems, and I know that, for me at least, nothing helps more than talking to others about it, especially those who truly understand or care.

Welcome :) you seem like you'll make a great addition. I hope you find much support here.

I think most of us understand that calling it PTSD feels like a lie, or rape or sexual abuse or any of that. It's hard to accept personally, or maybe we were taught it wasn't that, or maybe our problems seem like nothing compared to the problems of others'. But remind yourself that it's true. Once you've fully accepted it, healing will be much easier :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back