• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

I struggle to tell what's real

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I’ve had this happen Tim. Have had nightmares and woken up with re-experiencing, have woken up thinking I’m still there, have woken and wondered what’s going on :/ lots of grounding is what I do when it happens, helps if there is someone around who can ground you or anyone you can call

It may be a mix of the pain meds and a reaction to the recent trauma and past trauma. After I had just one surgery, oh shiesh, my head was a mess, especially when I was drugged up. My dreams were super vivid and I had to check and make sure they were not real every morning. Keep grounding and telling your health care providers.

Yes. It was especially bad this past summer when I was put on medication that I had a nasty reaction to. I would have these nightmares that were so vivid that I would either be dreaming that things were happening in my bedroom (like the time I saw my dead mother crawling out of my bedroom window-except she was... a monster?) and the time I saw my ex standing in the doorway.
Then there were nightmares where I couldn't figure out where I was.
And the morning when I woke up and started hallucinating.

Definitely talk to the doctors.

I don't know what cocktail you are on but mine was from an anti-nausea medication
Multiple pain meds (about five of them, morphine, codeine, cocodemol and I cant remember the rest), coagulants, anticoagulants and other transfusion drugs, and then paroxetine as well

I'm gonna guess that its the pain meds, but I've had that happen even without the meds. Sometimes I get so deep into a dream it takes me a bit to figure out I'm back to reality. And my sister had a horrific reaction to morphine after surgery. She started hallucinating and got really paranoid - and that was when she was awake.;..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back