• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

I suck at building community

ninja

Sponsor
Some people are able to build a community/social network wherever they go. I think I'm solidly average at this because I don't put myself out there or look for things to get involved in, but when I'm put in a social setting, I can usually have interesting conversations and build connections from there. However, when my mental health is struggling, I feel I am terrible at all parts of the process of building community/a social network. How can I improve?

Some people are able to build a community/social network wherever they go. I think I'm solidly average at this because I don't put myself out there or look for things to get involved in, but when I'm put in a social setting, I can usually have interesting conversations and build connections from there. However, when my mental health is struggling, I feel I am terrible at all parts of the process of building community/a social network. How can I improve?
It's great that you recognize your strengths in having interesting conversations and building connections in social settings. It sounds like your struggles with building a community or social network may be linked to your mental health challenges.

When you're feeling mentally unwell, it can understandably impact your social interactions and motivation to engage with others. Have you noticed any specific patterns or triggers in your mental health that make it harder for you to engage in social activities?

It might be helpful to explore self-care strategies that can support your mental well-being and, in turn, improve your ability to connect with others. What are some things you do to take care of your mental health during difficult times?

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back