• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

I Truly Feel Lost - Help Needed To Cope With PTSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

lost611

New Here
Hello-
I have been suffering with PTSD for a long time I thought, I have been in therapy for over a year and thinking I have been in there to long- maybe not as I read other entries- I have been feeling as thou I have not been taking control of these flashes - and I do not know what to do with them- I see smell hear and feel the abuse all over again several times a day, I just don't know how to get it to stop- I have been talking to a therapist and am feeling like i am not making progress, I need these to stop- I cannot sleep, function at work, be happy with my kids, i just want a medium space in my life- I have tryed writing, medication- can anyone give me some advice as to what else I could try to get it to stop for just alittle while- just need a break.
Please I need help,

Elaine

Hi Elaine, and welcome,

My heart goes out to you. I experience the same kinds of things. I wish I had some advice. I've been in therapy almost two years -- at this point in my life; I've been in therapy off and on for more than 20 years, so please don't feel one year has been too long. I've learned some tools, like constantly reminding myself that I'm safe now, finding things to do that ground me, like yoga and working in my yard, and other stuff, but it is a daily struggle. There are other people on this forum who are further along in their healing, and I would think one of them would respond soon. Please hang in there.

Hodge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back