• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

I Wake Up With Death On My Mind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nighthawk

MyPTSD Pro
I wake up almost every morning with a very clear picture of killing myself.
Does anyone else have a specific time of day that they feel this way?

Nighthawlk

I suggest that you tell your therapist this today! Do not wait, because you might just follow through in a moment of depression if you get the chance. if you dont have a therapist, call a hotline, a dear friend and go to the hopital emergency room to get help. Don't wait.

Thank you for your answers.
My T has been aware of this for a while as have two of my friends. I am on meds and we are trying new meds. I have been having these awaking thoughts and images for almost 1 year if not longer. I really would like them to go away. Thankfully they are short lived in the morning.

Nighthawlk

Glad to hear you have some support with this. I don't have the death feelings but, I am always at my worst in the morning and sometimes have the worst of the feelings wash over me right when I wake up.

My only other experience with anything like this was pre-PTSD. If my iron was low, I would experience an awful feeling of depression (and I wasn't depressed any other time) right upon waking that would soon go away. If I started my supplement again this wouldn't happen.

For what it's worth.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back