• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

I want to feel safe help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Missesme

New Here
Honestly. I have this horrible mix between cptsd and ocd. Ever since childhood my ocd made me feel safe but it also has a habit of demanding more and more and more for this feeling.
I don't even remember how safety felt like.
I only know that cute children stuff comforts me a bit. Star night lights and things like that.

hello missesme. welcome to the forum. sorry for what brings you here, but glad you are here.

inside my own recovery, ocd has been treated as a symptom of the ptsd rather than a separate disorder. while taking mindful care to seek the balance, several of my ocd ticks have been sculpted into grounding tools to help me feel safe when my hypervigilance is triggered and sees threats everywhere. the theory goes that my childhood ocd offers clues to what actually comforts me. mindful use of those childish comforts can stabilize my emotions while i allow myself to process the repressed memories and emotions.

but that is me and every case is unique. . .

gentle support while you sort your own case. welcome aboard. hope you find stabilizing companionship here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back