I want to feel safe, little rant

Missesme

New Here
I want to feel safe so that I can be alive. I want to be able to eat, drink, sleep and literally anything without doing tons of precautions.

It feels so hopeless. My therapist recommended that I talk to the scared part of me but I honestly think there is no point in that since it is me that feels in danger and not just a part. He also keeps on asking what makes me feel safe but the only thing that does is ocd.

I hate this. I just want to be safe. One does not simply feel safe after trauma but I really want to learn what safe feels like.

LuckiLee

MyPTSD Pro
Self defense classes!!!
New locks on doors
Security lights
Ring Doorbell
Exercise

I've watched young girls become empowered after learning self defense. Everyone should learn.

Sorry you're struggling.

Rosebud

MyPTSD Pro
One does not simply feel safe after trauma but I really want to learn what safe feels like.
This is an important point I think. Like, we are teaching the puppy that calm is comfortable, and she is learning to relax (it seems). I once read, ~"How can someone 'be' calm, if they don't know what 'calm' feels like?" I think the same goes for safety. It's not that we don't realize it's never actually safe, but to realize sometimes it is safe. If that makes sense?

Becky1967

New Here
How long have u had these issues?....what is ur age? Late 20s to early 30s is when u get hit with abuse from ur childhood...getting in my kid bunk bed and putting blanket curtains all around made me feel safe...u have to find urs...good luck..