I wish I could play poker

woodsy1

MyPTSD Pro
I really like playing Texas Hold'em on my Android. Turns out I'm actually pretty good at it. It hyper-focuses me so I don't have to deal with my thoughts.

Anyhow, currently internet sucks at my house. I'm on Satellite, so it's about dial-up speed most of the time. And it's splotchy. This doesn't work so well for games.

The power was out for a few hours today. That really sucked because I had nothing to keep my mind busy. I layed back on my bed and day dreamed for a while. Just kinda floated along with my thoughts. Maybe really relaxed for a second or two?

Power came back on. Still could not really enjoy my poker game though.

Makes me all the more excited about the forthcoming fibre optic internet. It's new to my area. That's why the power was out today.

They are putting in new fibre optic internet in my neighborhood. I'm so excited. It's gonna cost a bunch of money, but its so worth it.

Living in the woods, has many benefits, but internet service hasn't been one of them. But now it will be. Cool.

I look foward to incredible internet access and all the brain stimulation that will bring.

TruthSeeker

MyPTSD Pro
I really like playing Texas Hold'em on my Android. Turns out I'm actually pretty good at it. It hyper-focuses me so I don't have to deal with my thoughts.

Anyhow, currently internet sucks at my house. I'm on Satellite, so it's about dial-up speed most of the time. And it's splotchy. This doesn't work so well for games.

The power was out for a few hours today. That really sucked because I had nothing to keep my mind busy. I layed back on my bed and day dreamed for a while. Just kinda floated along with my thoughts. Maybe really relaxed for a second or two?

Power came back on. Still could not really enjoy my poker game though.

Makes me all the more excited about the forthcoming fibre optic internet. It's new to my area. That's why the power was out today.

They are putting in new fibre optic internet in my neighborhood. I'm so excited. It's gonna cost a bunch of money, but its so worth it.

Living in the woods, has many benefits, but internet service hasn't been one of them. But now it will be. Cool.

I look foward to incredible internet access and all the brain stimulation that will bring.
I play cards on a computer app called Cardzmania......there are lots of card game choices.....don't know if Texas Holdem is one of them-I used to play TH with friends when my dad was alive.... but I'm all about Spades and Canasta these days. The nice thing about Cardzmania is that you can invite friends to play. I usually call on the phone and we chat about other stuff while we play.....or if you are teaching someone, you can use the bots as the alternate partners.

woodsy1

MyPTSD Pro
I play cards on a computer app called Cardzmania......there are lots of card game choices.....don't know if Texas Holdem is one of them-I used to play TH with friends when my dad was alive.... but I'm all about Spades and Canasta these days. The nice thing about Cardzmania is that you can invite friends to play. I usually call on the phone and we chat about other stuff while we play.....or if you are teaching someone, you can use the bots as the alternate partners.
That sounds like a ton of fun. I was hella into spades when I was in the Army. Desert Shield/Storm.

TruthSeeker

MyPTSD Pro
That sounds like a ton of fun. I was hella into spades when I was in the Army. Desert Shield/Storm.
Cardzmania is my most favorite card game place. So, snatch someone who is stuck with Covid, and meet them online for a real card game......and like I said, talking over the phone enhances the experience.....winning.....well that's just a bonus!

Changing4Best

MyPTSD Pro
I live in a National Forest called the Nantahala. I get pretty good internet access on my phone.

As to poker, real cards and computer cards don't seem to be the same for me. I'm not sure why. I rarely win either, so I guess it doesn't matter.

woodsy1

MyPTSD Pro
I live in a National Forest called the Nantahala. I get pretty good internet access on my phone.

As to poker, real cards and computer cards don't seem to be the same for me. I'm not sure why. I rarely win either, so I guess it doesn't matter.
I'm glad you get good internet. In about 3 more months I should have fibre optic in my neighborhood. I will appreciate that!

Poker in person and online are different indeed. I've gotten fairly good at both. Online is easier for me because I don't have the social anxiety to deal with.

I'm not even playing right now. My internet is so slow that it is just too frustrating. I will wait until the fibre optic is in. Then it's on!