• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer IBS, CPTSD, ADHD… Blegh

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was diagnosed with ADHD at age 6. I was diagnosed with C-PTSD and IBS around eight months ago. I am in my 30’s. I grew up the youngest of five girls. Our father is a Narcissist. We will never know if this was due to the sometimes violent abuse he suffered as a child, or if he was just born that way. In the end it really doesn’t matter, I guess. As the saying goes; s$!t rolls downhill, and I was always at the bottom. My sisters didn’t hit me, and my dad would scream in my face “I NEVER hit any one of you,” as if it were a point of pride. For years I was being treated under the diagnosis of MDD with anxiety, which always felt wrong. I KNEW that the depression was only a side effect of feeling so bad for so very long. Mood stabilizers would work for a bit, and I’d feel hopeful. I would develop good habits and feel in control. Until the fear came back worse: then nothing worked any more and my body was hell again.
Recently dramatic life events made me so sick I ended up in the ER twice for dehydration and malnourishment. I went no contact with two of my older sisters (including my twin) and limited contact with one other and my mom.
It’s still hard. I used to speak with my mom every day. Most days this feels like the best choice I’ve ever made. I only ever wanted to feel loved, there are hours when it feels like I’ve given that up. Especially because I don’t know how to trust good people.
I spent a week in residential psych treatment after that. They put me on Zyprexa for the intrusive thoughts, and that has been a revelation. I keep thinking that this must be what a “normal” person’s head is like. The voices that suggest I’m going to fail and I don’t deserve it are quieter. It’s still hard. Panic comes whenever I need to finish (or start) a task, and it’s especially hard to forgive myself around my ADHD and IBS symptoms. But I’m here. And I’m doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back