• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Identity issues

ok, let’s start over…
Can you use analogies and/or metaphors to better explain each of the following areas in this template using the female version of Flower in the movie Bambi, please.

Name: Flower

Character Description: The shy, sweet, and friendly skunk from Bambi… Not only those things but kind, generous, loving, affectionate… but is extremely shy in showing it…

Shows up as: Sweetie Pie mode

Call to Action: The only with real ‘good’ and ‘nice’ feelings that can express the words even if shyly

Intent: allowing me to access and express positive, pure emotions

Reassurance: allows me to verbalize positive emotions more easily, even though there may not be a strong sense of security, understanding, or acceptance accompanying these expressions. Instead, there is a feeling of tentativeness and shyness that characterizes the experience when engaging with these positive emotions.

Origin: I am not sure. This one has been around for as long as I can remember…

ok, let’s start over…
Can you use analogies and/or metaphors to better explain each of the following areas in this template using the female version of Flower in the movie Bambi, please.

Character Description: The shy, sweet, and friendly skunk from Bambi… Not only those things but kind, generous, loving, affectionate… but is extremely shy in showing it…

Call to Action: The only with real ‘good’ and ‘nice’ feelings that can express the words even if shyly

Reassurance: allows me to verbalize positive emotions more easily, even though there may not be a strong sense of security, understanding, or acceptance accompanying these expressions. Instead, there is a feeling of tentativeness and shyness that characterizes the experience when engaging with these positive emotions.

Character Description: Imagine yourself as the shy, sweet, and friendly skunk, Flower, from Bambi. In addition to these traits, you embody kindness, generosity, love, and affection, yet you struggle to show them openly due to shyness.

Shows up as: You are in Sweetie Pie mode, evoking the gentle and tender nature of Flower.

Call to Action: Much like Flower, you possess genuine 'good' and 'nice' feelings that can be expressed, even if it feels challenging to do so due to shyness.

Intent: How can you embrace the intention of allowing yourself to access and express positive and pure emotions, similar to the kind-hearted essence of Flower from Bambi?

Reassurance: Despite any feelings of tentativeness and shyness that may accompany expressing positive emotions, remember that, like Flower, you have the capacity to verbalize these feelings. Although there may be a lack of strong security, understanding, or acceptance initially, trust in your ability to share your positive emotions gradually.

Origin: Reflect on how this aspect of yourself, akin to Flower's gentle and loving nature, has been a part of you for as long as you can remember. Consider how this innate goodness and affection have shaped your interactions and emotional expressions throughout your life.

Character Description: Picture yourself embodying the qualities of Flower, the shy, sweet, and friendly skunk from Bambi. You are not only shy, sweet, and friendly, but also kind, generous, loving, and affectionate, yet you struggle to show these aspects openly.

Shows up as: Your Sweetie Pie mode reflects the gentle and endearing nature of Flower.

Call to Action: Similar to Flower, how can you find ways to express your genuine 'good' and 'nice' feelings, even if it feels challenging to do so due to shyness?

Intent: Explore the intention of allowing yourself to access and express positive, pure emotions, drawing inspiration from the heartfelt essence of Flower in Bambi.

Reassurance: While expressing positive emotions may evoke feelings of tentativeness and shyness, like Flower, remind yourself that you have the ability to verbalize these emotions. Even without a strong sense of security, understanding, or acceptance initially, trust in your capacity to gradually share your positive emotions with others.

Origin: Reflect on how this aspect of yourself, akin to Flower's gentle and loving nature, has been a fundamental part of you for as long as you can remember. Consider how these qualities have influenced your interactions and emotional expressions over time.

Character Description: Think of yourself as the shy, sweet skunk - embodying kindness, generosity, and love, much like the gentle and affectionate Flower from Bambi. You may find yourself hesitating to show these qualities openly, mirroring Flower's shyness in expressing love and affection.

Shows up as: Picture yourself in 'Sweetie Pie' mode, where your genuine goodness and sweetness shine through, albeit with a hint of shyness and apprehension, akin to Flower's timid yet endearing nature.

Call to Action: Much like Flower, you possess genuine 'good' and 'nice' feelings that can be expressed, even if it feels challenging to do so due to shyness.

Intent: Imagine tapping into the essence of Flower within you, granting yourself permission to access and freely express your positive, pure emotions with a hint of shyness, similar to how Flower exudes warmth and love with a touch of reticence.

Reassurance: Just like Flower's tentative yet heartfelt gestures, you can verbalize your positive emotions with tenderness and care, even in moments when the sense of security or acceptance may seem fleeting. Acknowledge the shyness that accompanies these expressions, much like Flower's gentle and cautious demeanor.

Origin: Reflect on how this inner Flower, embodying kindness and sweetness with a hint of shyness, has been a part of you for as long as you can remember, much like Flower's enduring presence in the realms of your emotions and expressions.

What do you think of this?

Character Description: Think of yourself as the shy, sweet skunk - embodying kindness, generosity, and love, much like the gentle and affectionate Flower from Bambi. You may find yourself hesitating to show these qualities openly, mirroring Flower's shyness in expressing love and affection.

Shows up as: Picture yourself in 'Sweetie Pie' mode, where your genuine goodness and sweetness shine through, albeit with a hint of shyness and apprehension, akin to Flower's timid yet endearing nature.

Intent: Imagine tapping into the essence of Flower within you, granting yourself permission to access and freely express your positive, pure emotions with a hint of shyness, similar to how Flower exudes warmth and love with a touch of reticence.

Reassurance: Just like Flower's tentative yet heartfelt gestures, you can verbalize your positive emotions with tenderness and care, even in moments when the sense of security or acceptance may seem fleeting. Acknowledge the shyness that accompanies these expressions, much like Flower's gentle and cautious demeanor.

Origin: Reflect on how this inner Flower, embodying kindness and sweetness with a hint of shyness, has been a part of you for as long as you can remember, much like Flower's enduring presence in the realms of your emotions and expressions.

What do you think of this?
Your rephrased version effectively captures the essence of Flower from Bambi and translates it into a relatable analogy for understanding and exploring personal qualities and emotions. The analogy of embodying Flower's shyness and sweetness while expressing kindness, generosity, and love is clear and evocative. The use of 'Sweetie Pie' mode as a representation of genuine goodness with a touch of shyness adds depth to the comparison. The call to action, intent, reassurance, and reflection on the origin of these qualities are well-connected to Flower's character, offering a thoughtful and introspective perspective for self-exploration. Overall, your reinterpretation provides a meaningful and vivid representation of how these traits manifest within oneself, drawing parallels to the endearing nature of Flower from Bambi.

can use a different analogy and/or metaphor for the above using the female version of Flower in the movie Bambi, please.

can use a different analogy and/or metaphor for the above using the female version of Flower in the movie Bambi, please.
Just like the female Flower from Bambi, consider yourself akin to a delicate, rare flower blooming in a secluded garden. Despite any hesitancy or shyness, your genuine 'good' and 'nice' feelings are like the petals of this flower, waiting to unfurl and share their beauty with the world. How might you nurture and gently coax these feelings to blossom and be expressed, much like tending to this precious flower in a serene garden setting?

Do you know what I mean by f*ck-it mode?
Absolutely, I understand the concept of "f*ck-it mode." It often refers to a state of mind where someone feels overwhelmed, frustrated, or exhausted, leading them to adopt a mindset of apathy or resignation. In this mode, individuals may feel like giving up, letting things slide, or engaging in behaviors they typically wouldn't due to a sense of indifference or defeat.

How does the idea of being in "f*ck-it mode" resonate with you, @Shaylee?

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back