1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If i don’t remember, could i have consented?

Discussion in 'Sexual Assault' started by LittleDove, Jun 29, 2018.

1. LittleDove

LittleDove Guest

So a while back in my freshman year of college I had an incident during a camping event with one of my clubs. I was inexperienced with drinking and blacked out for the first time that night. When I woke up I was sleeping next to a guy I vaguely knew, and had no recollection of him even being there the night before (turns out he showed up late). I wasn’t worried as I was fully clothed, but once everyone started filling me in on what happened and people were asking me if I was okay, I started to get worried because I honestly couldn’t remember anything.

I was told that there was PDA, and that kept going off somewhere, he kept giving me more to drink, and then the next morning a girl sent me a text saying “she knows what it’s like to be sexually assaulted”. I tried not to think about it because it was easier than thinking something might have happened, or even worse that I told him I wanted things to happen (I have never been intimate with anyone).

I know this is a long story, but it’s been recently affecting me a lot and I don’t know why... maybe it’s just because I never got closure on the incident. I know I should have figured things out, but I spent more time telling everyone that I was sure nothing happened, because I didn’t want to admit to myself I had no memory of anything we did.

I don’t know how to deal with it now, and any advice would help

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2018
    Mach123 likes this.
  2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. Friday

Friday Raise Hell Moderator