• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Assault I'm A Butterfly

Status
Not open for further replies.

pamcoco

Sponsor
The 21st was my anniversary. Ten years ago there was an amazing party in Hawaii with close friends and family, the funnest 4 days ever.

Unfortunately there was a groom.

The end of the 4days in Maui marked the beginning of the worst decade in my life. Perhaps darkness was set in motion by that cruel man I married, misrepresented and merciless. Post divorce a short year and a half later, my relations with men worsened, more and more, leading to the multiple assaults.

Regardless, I have come to know evil, suffering and pain to a degree I never before knew. Many lessons have been learned and unlearned as the years have unfolded.

But it is MY ANNIVERSARY, marking the end of a chapter and the beginning of newness.

I am not a tattoo person but I need something that impacts me to mark this monumentous event. I need scars outside as a small representation of scars inside .I think I have settled on one of the most profound movies I have ever seen : "The Diving Bell and the Butterfly" with a single butterfly nearby..

If you haven't seen it, its about the true story of a man that has a rare disease and one day, one moment, becomes completely paralyzed only able to move his eye lid. He dictated the book by the movement of his left eyelid. I mean JFC, REALLY?

Really.

He realizes his existence fluctuates between a diving bell and a butterfly, all he has is the inner journey.

I saw this as a screener giving by the academy when I used to be able to vote for the awards. I had Giardia at the time but didn't know it, I was just beginning my departure into clinical depression, an early phase of my mental, emotional and physical decline.

I seem to not be able to control my physical and emotional decline, but I constantly remind myself to let my butterfly soar, the perps cannot control my mind.

Hi @pamcoco . This doesn't fit in Accomplishments and Successes where posted - if you think of a better fit forum please report the post above and we will consider moving it. On reading your history this seems to be about assaults.... Hope I got it right :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back