• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

I'm Going To Be An Aunt!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killashandra

Confident
This morning I found out that my littlest older brother is going to become a DAD!! He sent me photos of the pregnancy test...

I cried so much!

I asked if I could be a proper aunt. .. unlike his uncle role...

But still... it is an accomplishment becasue he told me, a massive win on my part as he has severe abandonment issues with me...

I asked if he could bring the family up, he has a girlfriend and a step daughter who I haven't met.. I made sure to say I want happy brother time not sad brother time. And I hope with this new addition to his family s long as nothing goes wrong,,, will bring our broken family together.. 3 of us siblings.

How awesome for you!!
So excited for You and sending prayers that with this new little earth Angel on the way..that true healing begins.
Very happy for you!!

Ok, so there has been further developments on this as our broken family adjusts and people expectations.

And to be perfectly honest I'm not sure I want to take part in this party.....

As far as I've been made aware my Lil big brother is expecting me to be civil around the surrogate when his baby is born...
And my pregnancy was used as an example... I allowed surrogate into my life when my girl was born, and tried to be as civil and as much of a daughter I could be, the coming Christmas I requested that surrogate please control her behaviour and swearing around my daughter, what I recieved from her was a bag full of bull shit and my lil big brother making excuses for her... oh that's just how she is... you can guess what my answer was.... I don't care... she pulls her head in or I don't want her around. So.... no Christmas that year with that family...

My brother has not attended any of my most significant moments in my life, my marriage, the birth of my daughter, etc.

He has not been an uncle. We have a relationship of Facebook contact just so we can say hi. No major discussions has never come to see us, when I made effort to met him, he was too busy for me... I bring up bad memories obviously.

I don't want to be rude it not my nature, but right at this moment I feel like f*ck them all. He wants me to be civil what is he expecting? A party for his new born? I won't be around for birthdays... I might send a gift. But my daughter now 12 doesn't know her uncles very well. My family and I have been pushed aside as if we don't exist.

I don't want to be an aunt. Ith9uht it might make a difference but, I don't think it will... my brother has made a family for himself with friends and is close to them, very close. There is no time in his schedule to deal with his wayward f*cked up sister.

I'm tired of trying and I'm tired of everything..surrogate and can pretend all she wants that she is a great mother and grandmother all she wants... let him have her. I don't want her.

what I recieved from her was a bag full of bull shit and my lil big brother making excuses for her... oh that's just how she is... you can guess what my answer was.... I don't care... she pulls her head in or I don't want her around. So.... no Christmas that year with that family...

We didnt speak or have anything to do with them for another 3 years after that. . 3 years my daughter only had one grandmother her Dads mum.. thank goodness she was a much better role model for our girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back