• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

I'm New - PTSD For 25 Years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seeking_Nirvana

MyPTSD Pro
Hi, My name is Tammy and I’m 40. I’ve had PTSD since I was 15. My doctor recommended I look for an online forum in addition to help with my therapy.

I'm a member of an ADD forum but never thought to look for a PTSD forum?

I've seen a doctor for 15 years for depression. However, I diagnosed myself with PTSD after doing research on the Internet. I told my new doctor the symptoms I have and he agreed. I'm surprised my old doctor didn't catch it.

It was thought that I was borderline schizophrenic, but I believe they are ruling it out now.

I have intrusive thoughts that are now my number one priority in resolving. I've done extensive dream work and most of my nightmares don't bother me anymore (once I'm awake) they used to bother me for days on end. Now that I understand them, I take them, process them, and let them go. I realize they are a symptom and a release of my illness.

I read that Carol Jung dealt with Vietnam Vets through dream work and was able to help them. The dream work just opened up a can of worms that I suppressed for so many years. However, I believe I will get better soon, now that I moved from being stuck in numbness, into a state of awareness. I hear it gets worse before it gets better. Hope so!

I look forward to reading other posts so that I can learn how others deal with PTSD and have recovered.

Thanks for letting me join.
Tammy

Seeking Nirvana

A bit of a late Welcome, but a welcome nonetheless. I've seen and read your posts about the forum, and it's been nice and also nice to see you jump right in. You're reaching out and I'm so glad you found the forum.

Hope

Hi Tammy,

Welcome... I've had PTSD for 20 years but was diagnosed 10 years ago. Funny how once we get properly diagnosed we can work on getting better!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back